Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

JPC products?

Old 02-19-2011, 12:03 PM
imsonastie
2nd Gear Member

Default JPC products?

as i was scrolling through youtube for exhausts i found the JPC brand longtube/complete exhaust video and it sounded realy nice! anyone know anything about them? they make there own long tubes that are a very good price too. i havnt seen anything on their exhaust other then their own advertisement for it. i went to their websight and they offer a lot for the 2011 model.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:50 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

It depends. I assume you are in the Army, so the long tubes are only legal as the laws of your home state. US Fed laws and regs require you have cats, so long as you have cats in your exhaust, you meet that requirement.

Now for the state level laws: Some states only do a visual inspection, making sure you have the emissions stuff on your car. And if you have all that, you pass.
Other states, it becomes more tricky. More stringent states plug into the OBD port and if a DTC comes up, your car does not pass. So you have to make sure your long tubes are not so long that your cats do not function properly and your rear o2 sensors are not thrown off.

Some other states are even more stringent, and in addition to the visual and OBD plug-in, they require a sniff test. For the sniff test, it becomes important that you have your cats fully functioning even with the long tubes.
I read that long tubes could move the cats too far away form the engine such that the exhaust is not hot enough to reach the cats to allow them to work properly.
If this is true, I think tape wrapping the headers while help heat remain in the tubes rather than escape into the engine bay. That heat will hit the cats and keep them up at their proper operating temps to do their thing.

Now the stickler of all state emissions: Cali CARB requires the part to have a CARB EO# on the long tubes. It does not matter if you car passes visual, OBD plug-in, AND the sniff test, if you do not have the EO#, you fail the emissions and you cannot register your car.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:59 PM
imsonastie
2nd Gear Member

USAF actualy, and you totaly didnt asnwer my question. im very aware of my state laws and such.i was talking about the product itself. nothing in what i said had anything to do with emissions.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:10 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Sorry, my bad! I just pulled an all-nighter, I could have sworn I saw an emissions question in there somewhere. I must have been hallucinating.

Anyway, I have read of JPC T56 kits coming out for our '11 GTs, and if the headers are as good as what the reviews have been for the T56 kits, then I would say they are defo good.
Other than that, I don't know.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:14 PM
imsonastie
2nd Gear Member

i hate all nighters. i do it everyday almost.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:15 PM
RedFire281
2nd Gear Member

JPC is owned by Justin Burcham who is one of the premiere S197 guys on the planet. There stuff is great quality and real world tested B4 it goes on the market. I've never heard anything negative about their quality or service. I'm a satified customer.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/jpc-...91_1880177.htm
Old 02-19-2011, 02:20 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RedFire281
JPC is owned by Justin Burcham who is one of the premiere S197 guys on the planet. There stuff is great quality and real world tested B4 it goes on the market. I've never heard anything negative about their quality or service. I'm a satified customer.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/jpc-...91_1880177.htm
I agree! He is a successful modder, and after reading about the JPV T56 magnum kit for our '11 Coyotes, I hope that does go on sale soon. The kit got a great review in one of the 'Stang mags. Justin has shown that the TKO600 and T56 Tremec trannies are leaps and bounds better than the stock Getrag MT82 trannies.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 PM
imsonastie
2nd Gear Member

it looks like quality craftsmenship.