Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Lund Racing VS Bama - My 5.0 Tuning Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 10:22 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Don't forget that dynos are tuning tools guys. Numbers don't mean **** unless you're doing a before and after. Take it to the track and see what it traps.

My N/A set up was just a tune/CAI. So the "gain" was referenced from going from stock to the tune/cai. With the supercharger and Lund tune I'm getting WAY better fuel mileage than when I was N/A... When I am able to stay out of the boost of course. You don't need to try and learn me on DA, I'm in Denver right now and grew up here. What it comes down to is that I am much happier with my Lund tune and am getting better fuel mileage with the supercharger on which completely blows my mind (not to mention the power and smooth driveability). I'm sorry you guys have had bad experiences, but mine was great. Ken Bjonnes is the only one that will touch my ECU.

2008GT/CSBuckeye... Did you get it remotely tuned from Lund Racing or did you just get the e-mail tune?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:34 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 92hatchLX
Don't forget that dynos are tuning tools guys. Numbers don't mean **** unless you're doing a before and after. Take it to the track and see what it traps.

My N/A set up was just a tune/CAI. So the "gain" was referenced from going from stock to the tune/cai. With the supercharger and Lund tune I'm getting WAY better fuel mileage than when I was N/A... When I am able to stay out of the boost of course. You don't need to try and learn me on DA, I'm in Denver right now and grew up here. What it comes down to is that I am much happier with my Lund tune and am getting better fuel mileage with the supercharger on which completely blows my mind (not to mention the power and smooth driveability). I'm sorry you guys have had bad experiences, but mine was great. Ken Bjonnes is the only one that will touch my ECU.

2008GT/CSBuckeye... Did you get it remotely tuned from Lund Racing or did you just get the e-mail tune?
It came loaded in the SCT devise from Lethal.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:06 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Don't let the dyno numbers get you down. As said before those are numbers for referencing and tuning purposes. Obviously if the car dyno'd at 150hp or something ridiculously low, then you could have something to worry about, but that isn't the case. Get it on the track and see what she traps. If you're still not happy with it. Go to their support website and start a conversation. He will probably have you send him some data logs and your dyno sheets to make sure the tune is good.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:14 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

dI sent one of the lethal guys a PM with the dyno numbers and they came back to me with a "no big deal" type of attitude, 386whp on a dynojet for a Boss 302 with a CAI/tune is completely unsatisfactory, take away the drivetrain loss and it doesn't even put me back at the 444 crank hp the car has from Ford, it's more like 435 with the tune. I'd bet this Steeda tune puts up the numbers I am hoping for....over 400whp. As for the track, they run on Tuesday and Thursday and I work an awful schedule and probably won't get to it until late summer. I'll save the tune for when I actually get to the track to possibly compare but just from a couple of 20-100 rolls I did on rural roads I'm %100 convinced the Steeda tune is better.

Last edited by REDBOSS1; 05-29-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:09 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Glad everyone is happy with their tunes. I just wanted to share mine. I'm on the Steeda 91oct tune, and live at almost 7000ft asl. Very happy with mine.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:45 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

The OG Bamachips provided the top tunes back in 2007 (IMO).. glad to hear Doug is still making kick *** tunes paired with AM! I've been ripping on mine for 4 years daily and she's still running great. Bama would be the first and only ones I would trust to tune a new 5.0.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
stang8psi
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
The OG Bamachips provided the top tunes back in 2007 (IMO).. glad to hear Doug is still making kick *** tunes paired with AM! I've been ripping on mine for 4 years daily and she's still running great. Bama would be the first and only ones I would trust to tune a new 5.0.
Doug is not tuning with Am... AmericanMuscle bought the name from Doug and they used it to get people to buy tunes from AM who in previous had no tuning experience, they also do there tunes in house in PA.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:32 AM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

Stang8psi does not sound bitter about that at all
Old 06-01-2012, 02:01 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
I am currently running a 93 Lund tune, it dynoed at 386/361 in a Boss 302 with a CAI......those are bone *** stock Boss 302 numbers from everything I've seen on any other site, guys with a CAI are putting down 415-420whp. I just bought two tunes from Steeda.....a 93 and a 91, we'll see how this goes in a week or so when I get to the dyno again.
Did you run the dyno before the tune? Try a different dyno? Mine ran 389hp stock..and I'm pretty sure it's not really at 389 (but would be really happy if it did). The only way for me to really know is to try a different dyno and see how close the two are. Unless you did a before and after, you can't say what the gain (or loss) was.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Tight Lines
1st Gear Member

Been doing some research on this, interesting stuff. Thanks

Quick Reply: Lund Racing VS Bama - My 5.0 Tuning Experience