Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

MT82 Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Default MT82 Fluid

Is this a good trans fluid?

http://autoplicity.com/products/7098...FeGDQgod_3YA-Q

Let me know please. Everyone refers to MTL, just making sure before I purchase. Thanks!!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:22 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Yes it seems that what you are looking at and Royal Purple Sycromax and Amsoil are the top 3. I saw on another forum that for some reason Amsoil seems to not work well with the MT82. I also have enjoyed your ghost cam tune videos. That is an absolute awsome sound. Still on the fence about that though as far as me wanting it. Don't know that I would be able to hear the lope so pronounced with the Borla's that I have. It is my only exhaust mod. Plus I am running Steeda tunes. Reguardless of whose tunes we are running I think your's sound awesome.

Last edited by mapitts; 11-18-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mapitts
Yes it seems that what you are looking at and Royal Purple Sycromax and Amsoil are the top 3. I saw on another forum that for some reason Amsoil seems to not work well with the MT82. I also have enjoyed your ghost cam tune videos. That is an absolute awsome sound. Still on the fence about that though as far as me wanting it. Don't know that I would be able to hear the lope so pronounced with the Borla's that I have. It is my only exhaust mod. Plus I am running Steeda tunes. Reguardless of whose tunes we are running I think your's sound awesome.
Thanks man! Yea I was terrified when I deleted the cats because the exhaust is pretty much straight piped with straight through mufflers. I was scared to get on it and now I am tone deaf and love it lol. I stink it would sound sick with Borla for real. Just I would delete your resanators as they get as smal as 2.25 inch pipe size.

Thanks for the input on the fluid I am going to order some after I research the royal purple. How long does tranny fluid last? 60k?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:30 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

60K sounds about right. Premium full synthetics last a long time. I have a MGW shifter on order and will be changing over to RP while I am under there. I live in north Alabama. It does get cold here. In the mornings the factory transmission fluid leaves a lot to be desired from IMHO. Very stiff, clunky shifts until the transmission gets a little warm. RP is supoosed to take carre of part of that problem. I can only imagine what it is like up north with the factory crap. Must be like changing gears in a tractor.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

True it is crappy lol. Ordered the redline and I hope this helps. mGW will be order just after Christmas
Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slowbra302
True it is crappy lol. Ordered the redline and I hope this helps. mGW will be order just after Christmas
I just looked at my post. I really need to wear my glasses more when posting! Maybe my shifter will be in before Christmas.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

When you get it installed, let me know the feedback. I would love all the details as I will be purchasing one as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:51 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Will do.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 AM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Redline is good. Im swapping to amsoil and picking up an mgw as well after the holiday madness.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

My MGW arrived today. I was hoping to put it in this weekend, but, it is looking more and more like OT for me.

Quick Reply: MT82 Fluid