Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O7 Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
charlie32

Default O7 Window Problem

Have a 2007 Convert. When I toggle the Up switch on the Pass. window it goes full up then lowers to the 1/2 way position. ??? If I can catch it just as it hit the full up position and I hit the switch again--it will stay up.

A Pain------Any of you encounter the same prob..
Old 11-07-2009, 08:14 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

do the 07's have the auto up on both driver and passenger windows? my moms altima (i know its not a mustang) had a similar problem. if you used the auto up then it would go all the way up and then come back down like 5-6 inches. if you just used the regular up then you could close it properly. try this and see if it works. i know its not a permanent fix, but it should help you out for the time being. as far as fixing it goes, it seems like the window might be going up too high and hitting a stop and making it go back down a few inches. make sure the window is adjusted properly. also, you might want to check in the s197 tech section, as the convertible section doesnt get too much traffic.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:57 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

On my `07 vert the rear windows must be full up before I can close the pass. front. If the rear is even slightly open the front does back down 1/2 way. If not that, check for contact at the top.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:52 PM
JohnTN
1st Gear Member

There is a TSB that might apply to your problem. Check the 4.0 V6 Forum for the thread "Window Problem". 157db provided a link to the TSB which I tried today and it fixed my bounce-back problem on the drivers side that started after a low battery.

John
Old 03-18-2010, 09:44 AM
06MustangMimi

I just wanted to share that I have a convertible with power windows and had trouble with mine. Found out that just holding down the window switch for 10 seconds is a kind of "reset" and now it works fine. Sure was a wonderful relief to NOT mess with the motor.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:37 AM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Sometimes the windows "forget" what they are supposed to do. Mine forgot the window drop when you open the door. The window reset procedure seems to fix the problem. Also those windows are equipped with an obstruction sensor so if something or someone (like a child) gets caught in the window, its supposed to reverse direction.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:28 PM
HorsePower99
1st Gear Member

The auto up needs to be initialized... I'm not totally sure I remember exactly how to do it, but I think you disconnect the battery while the window is moving to deinitialize it. Then to reinitialize it you roll it all the way up(holding the switch at the second detent the whole time, don't just use the auto up/down) and all the way down like 6 times each. Again, not totally sure I remember that right but I think that's right, you can try it. If that's not right it's not going to make it any worse, I know I remember the deinitialization right. Like KC said, your window is thinking it's hitting an obstruction when it hits the top run, probably because your battery was dead or disconnected for long enough for it to reset.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:11 AM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Smile

The service manual at Alldatadiy says to de-initialize the window motor by disconnecting the battery while the window was in motion. I believe the reset instructions are in the owners manual:
"If the window loses its calibration, your short drop feature will lower the window, but will not raise it again when the door is closed. To recalibrate the window, pull the switch up to raise the window until it completes its travel and hold the switch up for 2 seconds. Perform the short drop recalibration with the doors closed only. Recalibrating with the doors open will cause the window to continuously bounce back."

By the way, it doesn't just happen when the battery has been disconnected because mine was working properly and then just quit all of a sudden. I did the reset and its been working fine. I wish it were that easy with the Ford security system that I added on. Forgot to ask if you had replaced the glass on that side or it had just started acting up. Found a TSB on the glass dragging on the rear quarter seal which eventually cuts the seal if the windows are not adjusted properly. Read up on your TSBs and see it this applies to you as well.

Last edited by kc5mhb; 04-01-2010 at 09:17 AM.