AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Pre Painted Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:35 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Default Pre Painted Louvers

While they look like Roush louvers, it doesn't say anything about Roush. What brand are they and how do they attach? to the windows? Thanks guys!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:19 AM
AMNick
Former Sponsor

They're SR, same ones as these: http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...vers-0509.html

They attach with 3M Automotive Bonding Tape.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:20 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMNick
They're SR, same ones as these: http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...vers-0509.html

They attach with 3M Automotive Bonding Tape.
My only Question is that you have the same exact blue louver picture for that and Roush...so I don't know what the SR louvers really look like? Can you help me out here? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:50 AM
AMNick
Former Sponsor

Old 10-30-2009, 07:58 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Well thanks again Nick. Thanks to you AM just sold a set of Satin Silver louvers. I love you guys, I'm even still sporting that hoodie you guys sent me after my house burned down. Can you believe it's been a year come the 4th of Nov?
Old 10-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Hey Streamline, can you please post pictures of them when you get the louvers on? Thanks!!

Nick, this is a dumb question, but I am going to ask it anyway.........

As much as they look lik Roush's louvers, I understand they are different. I am guessing they are different because they don't have the little screws in each corner like the roush ones.............is that correct?

Thanks!

And sorry to hijack.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:38 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07CaliGTstang
Hey Streamline, can you please post pictures of them when you get the louvers on? Thanks!!

As much as they look lik Roush's louvers, I understand they are different. I am guessing they are different because they don't have the little screws in each corner like the roush ones.............is that correct?

Thanks!

And sorry to hijack.
It's no hijack. Pretty much the same questions I had about them as well. To me they look like Roush knockoffs, other than the screws and the way they mount they look 99% the same. And that's fine by me. I'll be sure to let you know what they look like in person as I HAD Roush louvers...butttt...well they melted to put it lightly lol. I'll also take some pictures, as I need a sig pic anyway!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Great! Thanks!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:21 PM
AMNick
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by StreamlineStang
Well thanks again Nick. Thanks to you AM just sold a set of Satin Silver louvers. I love you guys, I'm even still sporting that hoodie you guys sent me after my house burned down. Can you believe it's been a year come the 4th of Nov?
Your welcome! Oh yeah, I remember that! It was the least we could do...I can't even imagine what I would do if I lost all my stuff.

Originally Posted by 07CaliGTstang

Thanks!

And sorry to hijack.
LOL, not a hijack, definitely a valid question. I looked at them both side by side.

Immediate difference in styling is the Roush have the little screws in each corner and the SR do not. Besides that there some very subtle differences, but they do look very similar...I guess there is not really too many ways to make a 3 scoop louver look different LOL.

The louvers also have a major difference in installation. The Roush louvers require installation brackets onto your car and then you mount the louvers to the brackets, where as the the SR use 3M automotive bonding tape to directly attach the louvers.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Nick! I believe I will be inquiring about these in the future. I love my Roush louvers, but the brackets they use for installation are not very effective. I have had several issues with them falling off. IMO, the brackets do not allow enough surface area for the adhesvie tape to hold the louver in place. When you get high speeds involved, it can be an issue.

How much surface area for the adhesive is used with these SR louvers?

Quick Reply: Pre Painted Louvers