AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

americanmuscle.com keeps giving me the run around

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:51 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Default americanmuscle.com keeps giving me the run around

UPDATE: I've always had good luck with AM before, as with any company its the people who are working that make it good or bad. Overall I find the customer service people pretty helpful and nice, but I think the couple times I had trouble with these wheels the guy was pretty new plus it seems they were very backed up with wheel orders so the delay was unexpected.

but it did ship yesterday and tracking says it will be here wednesday

it is all up to UPS now!! You did good AM, thanks!!

which is weird because usually they are known for great customer service - but i ordered rims+wheels last week and it says it takes 1-2 business days to mount/balance but today is business day 5 and they still haven't even shipped!

I called them yesterday and the guy was like "oh ya! I can see it now it has just been put on the truck, you should get a tracking number in an hour so"

still nothing today, and I called and another guy was like "oh, ya i think it just shipped! actually also i think the mounting team may be a little busy?" as if he was asking me as if i would know living 5 states away while he works there :|

dafuq?

i guess you get what you pay for - maybe i should have gone with one of the overpriced companies like need4speed motors just for the peace of mind, because I'm pissed enough to break stuff that costs much more than these rims.

Last edited by RazorGT; 03-15-2014 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Landman
1st Gear Member

yea i had issue's with them when i ordered my wheels+tires from them.

when i called they said "oh the tires you wanted aren't in stock would you like some different ones?" even tho when i ordered them it said "in stock"

paid for 2 day guarantee and didn't come for almost 2 weeks.

I'm going with latemodelrestoration next time.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:27 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

I went through 5 different people before I got the best deal and fastest time.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

I have had better luck with PMing the rep on here versus talking to someone on the phone.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:50 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RazorGT
which is weird because usually they are known for great customer service - but i ordered rims+wheels last week and it says it takes 1-2 business days to mount/balance but today is business day 5 and they still haven't even shipped!

I called them yesterday and the guy was like "oh ya! I can see it now it has just been put on the truck, you should get a tracking number in an hour so"

still nothing today, and I called and another guy was like "oh, ya i think it just shipped! actually also i think the mounting team may be a little busy?" as if he was asking me as if i would know living 5 states away while he works there :|

dafuq?

i guess you get what you pay for - maybe i should have gone with one of the overpriced companies like need4speed motors just for the peace of mind, because I'm pissed enough to break stuff that costs much more than these rims.
Hmm.. This sounds very odd. I'm not sure exactly what the reasoning for this crappy experience is, but I apologize for the inconvenience. All of our Wheels/Tire Combo kits usually ship within 1-2 business days of the order, weekends obviously don't count. It shouldn't take 5 days..

Let me look into this for you and see exactly what is going on here. Can you please shoot me a PM with your order number included? I'll make sure that you're compensated correctly and that your order is on the way to you. This isn't common practice and I'm going to figure out what happened with this order.

I look forward to your PM! Moving forward, I can definitely make sure you're squared away ahead of time. Shoot me a PM on all of our future orders and I'll make sure that everything goes smoothly!

-Dan
Old 03-13-2014, 09:51 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RazorGT

dafuq?

What have you broke so far
Old 03-13-2014, 10:24 PM
l00kitzzlilcj
2nd Gear Member

Strange... I never had an issue with them even with my wheels.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:58 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Haven't ordered wheels and / or tires yet, but everything else we've ordered from AM was perfectly packaged and shipped fast.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:57 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by l00kitzzlilcj
Strange... I never had an issue with them even with my wheels.
Never had a problem with my wheels and tires either and I also had mine NITROGEN filled. Don't know what happened RazorGT but I am sure Dan will take care of you. Don't break anything you will be sorry for later. Your friend Bill

Last edited by B's 5.0; 03-14-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:29 PM
5POINTOH
2nd Gear Member

Yes, AM is the best in the mustang business and that sounds very odd that your order is taking that long.

I am sure AM Dan will find out what happened and give a solution.

Quick Reply: americanmuscle.com keeps giving me the run around