AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Raxiom Nav System from AmericanMuscle - Really???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 05:41 PM
dseg
1st Gear Member

Default Raxiom Nav System from AmericanMuscle - Really???

I bought the Raxiom Nav system from AM a few months ago.
The system installed fine but would get stuck into a constant reboot loop after a day. Checked and rechecked install instructions. I called Rosen (software creators) with no luck. They even sent be a new data card and everything but it was still defective. Called AM, sent replacement, no problem.

Received second unit, now the Nav and Display buttons don't work on the face of the unit. They would get stuck down when you press them and there was also something wrong with the sound of the unit through the speakers (faulty harnesses they said). Ended up getting frustrated and just returned to AM for refund.

Few months later, it looks like a nice system and I still wanted it, just a working one...
Ordered another one and received it. The unit definitely looks used. By now I am expert on their packaging, I know how they send these units and this unit didn't come nearly as nicely packaged as the last two. It didn't come in a nice white box with sealed bags, inside the UPS box. The unit was just thrown into the UPS box with the styrofoam and paper. All the bags were previously torn open and taped shut.
Worst of all, there are extremely noticeable scratches/damage to the plastic dash that holds the screen.

Willing to pay $700 for this unit... Is the quality control really that bad???

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

Last edited by dseg; 08-07-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:55 PM
bstang14
2nd Gear Member

Default Raxiom Nav System from AmericanMuscle - Really???

Get your money back and shop elswhere if A.M. doesn't make it 100% right immediately.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:29 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dseg
I bought the Raxiom Nav system from AM a few months ago.
The system installed fine but would get stuck into a constant reboot loop after a day. Checked and rechecked install instructions. I called Rosen (software creators) with no luck. They even sent be a new data card and everything but it was still defective. Called AM, sent replacement, no problem.

Received second unit, now the Nav and Display buttons don't work on the face of the unit. They would get stuck down when you press them and there was also something wrong with the sound of the unit through the speakers (faulty harnesses they said). Ended up getting frustrated and just returned to AM for refund.

Few months later, it looks like a nice system and I still wanted it, just a working one...
Ordered another one and received it. The unit definitely looks used. By now I am expert on their packaging, I know how they send these units and this unit didn't come nearly as nicely packaged as the last two. It didn't come in a nice white box with sealed bags, inside the UPS box. The unit was just thrown into the UPS box with the styrofoam and paper. All the bags were previously torn open and taped shut.
Worst of all, there are extremely noticeable scratches/damage to the plastic dash that holds the screen.

Willing to pay $700 for this unit... Is the quality control really that bad???

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Whoa! This is absolutely nuts and I'm truly sorry to see and hear about this. Our quality control and warehouse team is top notch and there was definitely a mix-up that occurred here.

I just caught your PM and as soon as I have the original order number I'll make sure this is replaced and sent out overnight free of charge due to the inconvenience.

Alex