Notices
Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Remote start PATS bypass

Old 02-16-2007, 06:21 PM
02DKBLUE
1st Gear Member

Default Remote start PATS bypass

I've just finished installing a 2-way remote start alarm system in my 02 GT. The remote start works, but i'm struggling with the PATS bypass module. I have one of the universal bypass kits... it has a wire that has to wrap around the ingnition cylinder several times (http://buypasskit.com/files/images/product144.jpg). I've experimented with several spots but i can't seem to find the right spot. Here is a picture of what i'm working with.
http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/.../of=50,590,442
http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/.../of=50,590,442

Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:57 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Remote start PATS bypass

those things are touchy to say the least. What I have found often is that the metal around the collar seems to block the signal and it is best to try and have the wire ring as far towards the key as possible. Most of the time I have to play with it for 30-60 mins holding it in place until I found the sweet spot, and then glue it in place with some quick drying CA glue with activator. Often it ends up inbetween the plastic piece that goes around the key, and the metal part of the collar.

there is not much security help on here other then me. Try carsound.com security forum but be warned there are alot bigger a-holes there then here........
Old 02-17-2007, 02:27 PM
02DKBLUE
1st Gear Member

thanks for the help ttocs, i guess i'll just have to keep messing with it.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:37 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

wish I had more to tell you, they are picky little things you just have to play with... You can check to see if the module is working properly by hitting the remote start with the key in the ignition to see if it fires up.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:53 PM
schmecky
1st Gear Member

did you do like he said and try it with the key in the ignition yet??
the pats arent' all that picky.....but again i'm used to using a 556U from DEI and have yet to have one not work on my first shot....but it helps that i install starters for a living and live in michigan
let us know what you find out!!! and i can try and help too....
Old 02-20-2007, 08:07 PM
jgorm
1st Gear Member

You can also turn pats off in the tune.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:59 PM
02DKBLUE
1st Gear Member

Well i got it to start, tighented the wire up as much as possible and put everything back together and then as soon as all the pieces were put back on the car it wouldn't work anymore. I took it all back apart again and no luck ever since. This thing is being a major PITA. I checked the bypass module and it is getting power right when it is supposed to, the key that is in it is good... I remote started it with the key in the ignitioin and it worked everytime. Im not sure whatelse to do. Possibly this bypass module doesn't put out a strong enough signal or something, here is the link to the one i bought(http://commandoalarms.com/itm100041.htm), i have a commando alarm/remote start/2-way system and everything works perfectly; it recommended that i buy this one so that is what i did. Any advice anyone?
Old 03-03-2007, 11:30 PM
97tunedmustang
2nd Gear Member

Thats a weird bypass module ya got there. this is the one i purchased for my viper 791xv and it works great and does not require a key to be locked away either. All i did was stuff the little transmitter up into the column by the ignition lock and programmed it from the instructions provided and i haven't had a problem since.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DEI-555F-FOR...em260024242616
Old 03-06-2007, 01:41 AM
jtstudley
1st Gear Member

Quick question. I had my remote start installed, PATs bypass and all. I thought I would be able to buy a spare key with no chip and it would work. But its the same as if there were not bypass, how does it only bypass for the remote start? Sorry to kinda hjack but i noticed your problem was solved.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:51 PM
02DKBLUE
1st Gear Member

I know that the bypass module that i bought, it is only activated when the remote start is activated. The bypass module only has 2 wires, 12V constant and a ground; the ground is grounded through the remote start/alarm system. When my remote start is activated, it turns the bypass module on by grounding the wire that attaches to the bypass module (completing the circuit)... anyways, the bypass is only active when the car is running in remote start mode. As soon as you put the key in the ignition or touch the brake, the bypass turns off and the PATS system is reading from your actual key and no longer from the emulated key signal that the bypass produces... and this is why you still cannot use a key without a chip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote start PATS bypass

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.