Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

My comment on the audio section.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My comment on the audio section.

ORIGINAL: seight311

ORIGINAL: laserred38

Holy wow. You know what I just relized? I live like an hour and a half from ED headquarters. Sorry to post this in your thread but, I thought it was pretty cool.
you suck! [8D]. that is cool. you should see if they will let you try stuff for free or sponsor you.
I wish! I'd totally rock everything ED! Even my living room with their home stuff, I want those towers!
yea i'm looking to get a pair of their bookshelf speakers and one of their subs. just have to get a receiver to power them.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:17 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

I'd do their towers, MCM center and bookshelf rears. I would buy the 1300 watt plate from ED and an Adire Tumult and build my subwoofer.
You can get the whole package like what I want, minus one of their subs for like $650 or something. Thats an awesome price for a system like that.
I've always been hooked on Denon and Yamaha recievers, or the high end Pioneers. Im not into the home theatre scene like I am car audio, so im unaware of any great brands like ED, Adire, RE and companys like that. Minus McIntosh though, but im not paying more for my HT reciever than my Stang!
Old 04-11-2007, 06:36 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

I'd do their towers, MCM center and bookshelf rears. I would buy the 1300 watt plate from ED and an Adire Tumult and build my subwoofer.
You can get the whole package like what I want, minus one of their subs for like $650 or something. Thats an awesome price for a system like that.
I've always been hooked on Denon and Yamaha recievers, or the high end Pioneers. Im not into the home theatre scene like I am car audio, so im unaware of any great brands like ED, Adire, RE and companys like that. Minus McIntosh though, but im not paying more for my HT reciever than my Stang!
If you're looking into cheap hifi home audio. check out the brand fluance. They are made in Canada and wicked cheap for great setups. i would prefer ED, but fluance is $200 for towers, surrounds and center channel.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:48 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Any underground brands making recievers? I'd look at around $400ish for a reciever.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:40 PM
PReal
5th Gear Member

On a budget, I'd go yamaha. That or denon will be my next reciever.

You could always make your own tube amp if you don't car about the radio.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:23 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

yea we used to have an old school denon. idk what happened to it. right now we have an all onkyo system. it is actually pretty good IMO. just needs some deeper bass.

for me the towers just won't work at school. the bookshelves fit my room better. but if someone finds a good deal on a denon, let me know! and Preal can you post the link to fluance?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:37 AM
PReal
5th Gear Member

Nice speakers, great price. Not audiophile grade, but great on a budget.

http://www.fluance.com/centerspeakers.html
Old 04-12-2007, 03:18 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

hmm.. intriguing. they are pretty decently priced.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:41 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

**** off hiss .............

ORIGINAL: Hisss04Cobra

I dislike TTocs, but he is very helpful.

Especially with his technical answers on installation.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Dean53
1st Gear Member

You guys have been a great help in creating quality audio systems of all ranges. I have learned a lot just reading through posts, and I consider myself pretty good on audio.....mostly on the home audio end though. Thanks for offering advice and getting correct information out to people so that we can all be more knowledgable! I look forward to going forward and learning more!

Quick Reply: My comment on the audio section.