Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

'05's Shaker system is boring

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Dare
1st Gear Member

Default '05's Shaker system is boring

Anyone got some links to some better systems? I know Crutchfield, but have no idea what's good. I guess I'm talking about the head unit for now -- I'll figure out the amps/speakers later. The Shaker is just boring, no equalizer display or anything. A nice 10 band equalizer built in with cool visuals, and an in-dash CD changer would be nice -- NOT SEEING any in-dash changers on Crutchfield!?!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:56 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: '05's Shaker system is boring

try your local car stereo shop. they should be able to hook you up with some info. as far as speakers and amps go. im ordering JL audio all the way around. I have never used any other car stereo company. as far as head units look at eclipse. they make some sick head units and i dont think crutchfield carrys them.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:10 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

ebay > all
Old 04-11-2005, 03:07 AM
gotmineNov04

The Shaker 500 is an in-dash 6-cd changer. But leave the head unit for last... you'll get much more bang-for-the-buck by starting with speakers, then amps, then head unit. Feel like drooling? Check this link: www.mcintoshlabs.com and look under products/car audio. It doesn't get much better than this, but it's certainly not cheap.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:14 AM
Dare
1st Gear Member

Well the receiver is the boring part, and one of the things I want is a nice 5 or 7 band equalizer, aux in, handle CD-RW, etc. Most factory units only have 2 equalizers (bass & treb) and it's limitted. Again, I can't find any info on the Shaker so it may be impossible to replace without ripping out everything. The in-dash changer is nice tho -- no aftermarket in-dash changers available. But I'd like to get the standard audio and start from scratch.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:28 AM
gotmineNov04

cd-rw? aw geez, spring for the cd-r's, pennies apiece. Shaker will play cd-r (if disc is finalized) and mp3; it also has aux input, although according to most posts no one can figure out how to use it. What are you looking to add? The Shaker certainly isn't anywhere near the best available and if you added an equalizer it may as well be just for looks (the output signal can't be fixed with just an equalizer, anyway).
Old 04-11-2005, 03:45 AM
Dare
1st Gear Member

I lived with my factory stereo for 5 years in my Alero and I can't stand it. I don't want to worry about finalizing CD's and only being able to play CD's with 0 scratches. I actually give away CD's to people becuase they don't play in a factory unit, but play fine in their aftermarkets. People are saying the AUX is not connected -- I just want an 1/8" audio jack input so I don't have to use an FM modulator and downsample to FM (less than CD quality). Equalizers really enhance the quality of the sound, and some aftermarkets even have effects modes you can switch to -- the Sony ones anyway. Of course the aftermarket displays look cool and that's really the centerpiece of the interior. Some can change colors to match the mycolor in IUP. That's the first thing you look at when you get into a car -- what kind of sound system ya got!