Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

car alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 05:55 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

Default car alarm

Whats the best car alarm for my car
Old 05-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: car alarm

Depends what you want out of it. I have an audiovox prestige car alarm and It works great! It has a glass break sensor, sensor for the wheels if your car is being jacked up etc. It also has a blue led light instead of a red one. I also have remote start on it which is awesome. I paid $225.00 installed for it....
Old 05-07-2005, 07:30 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Clifford is one of the best makes of car alarm systems.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:55 PM
janine
3rd Gear Member

Viper with Pager system. Pager system will notify and point out what part of car is being violated up to a 1/4 mile. Cost? About $450 installed.

Dollar for dollar, an Autoloc can be beat. For $70, nothingo beats it. It locks on to your brake. You can cut it because there is no room to get a saw to it. You have to tourch to cut it off. Any Pep Boys has it.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

Clifford is garbage go with viper or audiovox, those are dependable car alarms. My friend has a viper alarm like Janine is talkin about its pretty nice but expensive. My friend has one on his civic and he also has remote start on it. It can read up to 1/4 mile away. He got his cheap from a guy who never used it for like $180 and it was another $180.00 to get everything else installed.... but if you were to buy it retail it would go for around 400-500 bucks, and another 150ish to put it.... too much for me [&:]
Old 05-08-2005, 12:18 AM
JamesSocal
2nd Gear Member

Sorry for the hijack, but I have a few questions about alarms.
What happens to the factory key fob? Do you use the one with the alarm and toss the factory one? Will the alarm fob unlock the doors too?
I want to get an alarm for my car with a pager. I like the idea of a sensor for the wheels and the glass, but I don't want something that is too sensitive. I live on a major street and I don't want something that is going to go off when a Harley drives by.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:20 AM
dan
4th Gear Member

Can you put a remote start on a manual tranny?

Oh yea also i already have DA CLUB. just lookin for a little backup
Old 05-08-2005, 01:31 AM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

Yeah you can do it with a manual tranny. You just have to leave your car in neutral. And you have to buy a bypass so that the alarm will think you have an auto, I forgot what its called but if you ask the installer he'll know

James, yeah the new pager will totally replace your stock and it will lock and unlock all the doors when you start the car and lock it. You can even get options to remote start or to even roll down your windows with the push of a button....
Old 05-08-2005, 11:28 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Clifford is garbage go with viper or audiovox, those are dependable car alarms
You're not trying to suggest Audiovox is a BETTER brand than Clifford are you? No offence about Audiovox perhaps they are OK too, but geez... better than Clifford?
Old 05-08-2005, 11:34 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JamesSocal

Sorry for the hijack, but I have a few questions about alarms.
What happens to the factory key fob? Do you use the one with the alarm and toss the factory one? Will the alarm fob unlock the doors too?
I want to get an alarm for my car with a pager. I like the idea of a sensor for the wheels and the glass, but I don't want something that is too sensitive. I live on a major street and I don't want something that is going to go off when a Harley drives by.
most of the ones that i was looking at do replace the factory clicker. And unlock/lock the doors and remote start if you have that.

Quick Reply: car alarm