Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need Audio help please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:15 PM
1999GT
2nd Gear Member

Default Need Audio help please! Pics added!!

The other day i got some audio "amplifier/subwoofer" And tried to put it in today !! Not good!
I already had an aftermarket deck in the car once i got it, Appearently he cut the wires and spliced in his own harness! The speaker wires have been cut and now are wired straight to the car speakers, no harness no nothing! seemed he has cut the black plug for the speakers out!

The main harness for power etc. is into a harness but yet the blue wire coming from the deck "remote" is connected to another blue wire on the harness, but when i disconnect them the radio shuts off, also when i play with that and try to put the window down, The radio shuts off again! WTF!!!??

I can't seen to figure what that damn blue wires is , that the radio itself is connected to, but it will only work when they are together "not normal".

I had hooked up the amplifier etc. etc. and plugged the fuse in and the radio dies and sucks my battery dry.

Any idea's
Im stuck and i am scared to turn my damn radio on!! if you need more info please ask
mss12guage@aol.com

Here are some pics-sorry some are not the best! i basically need a digram of the wires so i can mypass the amp and get it back to atleast workable-i also got the diagram for the deck!!
here goes!!

Deck

Wires

These were cut and just taped up! WTH!!

Wiring harness for the deck

Last edited by 1999GT; 02-09-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Pictures added
Old 02-08-2009, 08:50 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

where did you get power for the amp at? Can you get some pics of all of this? The blue wire is a remote turn on wire. It has +12v on it when the radio is on and nothing when teh radio is off. IT is used to turn on the amp but not power the amp.

Not sure about the window, stop doing everything until we get this sorted out as it could be serious.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:26 PM
1999GT
2nd Gear Member

yea i will work on some pics-what it looks like is the kid got the wrong harness and decided to cut and splice half of whatever together! never noticed it until i decided to hook an amp up! not realizing that it already has the premium stock amp into it-which looks like it has been butchered! i am at a loss but i will try to get some pics asap, i would liek a radio again-my whole console is a big bunch of wires hanging around now