Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

? For those MACH 460 and electronic gurus

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 04:44 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

Unhappy ? For those MACH 460 and electronic gurus

Hey guys,
Here is the deal a couple of years ago my wife bought me this stereo for my 2000 GT vert (Pioneer DEH-P80MP) she got it installed at Best Buy, where they told her they had to bypass amplifiers and all that.

The stereo works perfectly; the only addition that I made was an amp and a couple of Subs. Now last week one of the rear speakers died (the big one) so I did what any other guy would’ve done, got my credit card out and bought a pair of Infinity Reference 6822cf, and I swapped them, now every time I turn up the volume to high everything works fine but the new speakers shut off. So what did I do wrong and how can I fix it?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:55 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

eh, I'll bite my tung with what caused your problem and skip to how to fix it. The problem is that the factory amps are still working, and you replaced an 8 ohm low range woofer with a 4 ohm full range driver and the amp doesn't like it.

Check out page 2 of my cardomain page. You will need to go and get a standard ford wiring harness(you can support them again if you want to) 70-1770 or FDO2B to allow you to wire into the bypass harness that I point to on page 2. Wire your speaker outputs on the deck into the speaker side of that harness(white to white, green to green, ect) that you just bought. Now disconnect the bypass harness and connect your new harness. After that go to the back of the car and disconnect the tweeters, and use the wire connected to the tweeters to go to your new speakers.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:11 AM
GTRedfire03
3rd Gear Member

Thanks ttocs for bitting the tung.....haha. Man you need to take it back there bc if they charge you to bypass the amps and they didnt bypass the amps I WOULD BE P*SSED. Get you money back or something bc from the sound of it the amps are still hooked up and working. They didnt bypass sh*t it sounds like.

ttocs this is the stuff that p*sses me off but its just like mechanics some of them are good and will not screw you on the price and some of them will screw you on the price all the time. But what can you do with a big place like that you cant control everyone, I will just keep my place running straight for the time being.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:44 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

no worries man. I realize that my opinions have been earned but do not need to be replayed anymore. I have known more then a few installers in their bays that could have taught me alot, but I have also grown tired of hearing stories like this. Being a large store I don't think you guys have a larger percentage of hacks in the bay then any other place but you do have a much larger workforce, meaning that even a small percentage of hacks can do more damage then a smaller shop. It has been over a decade since I was working for a big box, but it certainly has not been that longs since we had a hack we had keep our eyes on.....

Idiots are everywhere........EVERYWHERE.......
Old 04-28-2009, 12:58 PM
GTRedfire03
3rd Gear Member

I dont know why I let it get to me.... I just wish everyone would take joy in the stuff they do and not half a*s stuff in the small or large shop.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:17 PM
kb1794

Default Mach amplifier system bypass.....FDO2B

Hi everyone, I am installing an aftermarket head unit into a 98 cobra with the factory amplifier. After searching around for awhille I went out and purchased the F2ODB harness adapter to bypass the factory amps. I'm having a couple problems....

1) Originally my CD player and tape deck stopped working. It would not even power on. The only thing that had power was the clock, but from my understanding that gets power from a different wire. Well I decided to go ahead and just purchase a new headunit and do away with the factory tape/cd player. Now that I have torn the dash apart I have discovered the "switched ignition" wire has no power to it on the gray harness that plugs into the stock cd player, or on the gray harness that is supposed to bypass the amps. ( the one tucked to the side) so I checked the fuses under the driver side dash, and the engine bay. They were all good...( I'm not sure which fuse it is, dont have schematic). Are there fuses somewherer else? or what could be causing this??..

2) Ok onto my second problem, I've got almost everything hooked up on the harness. (I ran a jumper wire to bypass the switched ignition) The only speakers that are working right now are the tweeters. The wires that are NOT hooked up coming out of my cd player I have; blue/white, blue, light blue, and orange and white..... whats left on the harness that plugs into the vehicle is; blue/white, blue, orange/black, orange/white, and orange. ( I can take pictures if someone needs me to). So which of these wires need to be hooked up in order to bypass the amps?

3) Also there are 2 male gray plugs that can be plugged into the FDBO2. The original that was plugged into the factory cd player and the one that was tucked away to the side. The one that was tucked away to the side only has 5 wires going into the plug. I believe I am suppsed to use the one that was tucked away, however there are not wires where the 2 blue wires go from the FDBO2

I really appreciate any help as I'm stuck right now. I've tried fixing both of these issues with no luck.