Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Help with Audio

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:33 PM
myarmy2007

Default Help with Audio

I have an '08 V6 mustang and anytime i plug in my zune or ipod into the port under the center arm rest and put the stereo on "line in" i can only hear out of one speaker, the drivers side front speaker, i even checked my balance and fade and both are in the center. please help i want to know how to make it so i can listen to my zune on all the speakers
Old 10-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

this type of question needs to be posted in a tech thread, but i might have a potential solution.

though this might sound stupid (and i've fell victim to this problem before ), but do you have a stereo audio cable? the connector on a stereo cable will have two black rings going around the jack, and a mono will only have one ring. every time when i have (unknowingly) used a mono cable instead of a stereo, the audio would only come out of the driver side's speaker.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:46 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Another "stupid" suggestion, but if you have a stereo cable, make sure it's completely/firmly seated into the console plug as well as the music player. I know mine can fairly easily get pulled out from one end or the other, and then only one side of the car will play audio.

Also check to see if the player has any balance settings.

If all that checks out, I would suggest borrowing a different player and seeing if that makes a difference.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:56 PM
audiofrek19
1st Gear Member

im 99 percent sure its the cable i have it happen all the time with ppl that buy cheap audio cables and if you twist the connector going into the ipod it will come in somtimes
Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Sydney

Originally Posted by myarmy2007
I have an '08 V6 mustang and anytime i plug in my zune or ipod into the port under the center arm rest and put the stereo on "line in" i can only hear out of one speaker, the drivers side front speaker, i even checked my balance and fade and both are in the center. please help i want to know how to make it so i can listen to my zune on all the speakers
Well i feel it is a technical problem you are having so for this go the the forum that deals with technical problems and search it in net.it will help you out.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:58 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Make sure the cable is plugged in all the way to your MP3 player and the console.

If it is, try a different cable... Still not working? Pull out the center console and check the connection and make sure there are no breaks in the wires.

Nothing broken but the sound still isn't working? Check the connection at the back of the head unit.

Aftermarket? They would have to splice in RCA cables(like my personal setup) and connect it at the back of the radio. Check to make sure they are plugged in all the way. If they are, take it back to where you got it fixed and have them check to make sure the cables aren't f'd.

Still can't figure it out? Take it to a shop lol