Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need some help here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 10:38 PM
SVTDRIVER

Unhappy Need some help here!!!

This is my first post here, and I need some help...

I just purchased a 94 Canary Yellow GT, and i've got some big power plans for it, but right now, I just want to get it to where I can comfortably enjoy it, and by that I mean that the stereo is bugging me. The previous owner installed some stupid old mid-90's Pioneer or something, and well to put it simply...I WANT IT GONE!!!!

I would like to put the factory CD/Tape units back in. But I don't know if my car originally came with the dual head unit setup, or was just a tape only optioned GT? IF it was a tape only option...can I get a factory harness to plug in and get it setup for the CD/Tape option???

Can someone tell me if I can buy a factory harness somewhere to put both CD and Tape player head units back in? Because I know the original one that's in there now is all hacked from what this jackass put in, and i'd like to make it STOCK again.

I used to have a 97 GT back in 2003, and it had a factory tape in it ONLY, so I took it to a audio install shop and told them to put in the CD/Tape head units in that I bought...that way I didn't have to buy a brand new aftermarket head unit. But when I took it there, the guy said that I didn't have the right harness to plug the CD player in too. Soooo since Ford made different harnesses for different Mustangs....can I still buy one of these harnesses, or will I have to find one out of a wrecked SN-95????

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:51 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

there was a tape and cd option, the cd player was just a slave unit that was controlled by the mach tape deck. Does it have tweeters up by the mirrors? On page 2 of my cardomain page I show how to integrate a head unit into the mach system, it is ride #2395420. It will probably be easier to get that deck that is in there working rather then go back to stock. The mach system is not that big a deal and we can get you through it. Check out that page and let me know what questions you have.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:30 PM
SVTDRIVER

Yeah it has the tweeters up on the doors. I'd prefer to get it back to stock rather than make the one that's in there work, or mess around with another one. I noticed on page 2 there that you held up a wiring harness that I would have to disconnect...I think that might be the harness I need to get this sucker back to stock. Whatcha think?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:42 PM
SVTDRIVER

After looking at more of your mods, your GT is pretty nice man! I'm really diggin' the gloss black center bezel. Where did you get the LED's for the gauges and the lighted sill plates? Do they still have them on eBay? I've been looking for some for a while but no one has any info about them.