Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Help with Farenheit TID897 install

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
cjrboy14

Unhappy Help with Farenheit TID897 install

I have a 2000 Mustang. Not sure what type of stereo unit.But looks just like this

http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com...BA_console.jpg

Has a stock ford cd player in the lower din and a stock head unit in the one above it. My goal is to hook everything up without cutting wires and popping fuses. I have removed the stock radio and cd player fitted this one in

http://images.sonicelectronix.com/im.../tid897nrb.jpg

,went to walmart bought 2 different adapter. Only one clip on each adapter fit and im left with about 5 or 6 other connectors that fit nothing on each end. ???

No clue what im doing anymore. Is there an adapter that fits all of the plugs? Do I even need all or just one? Am I supposed to leave the cd player in? Id take the car to best buy but its my project car I bought a week ago and the clutch plates are and were completely out when I bought it so the car wont move.

....help

-The radio looks pretty sweet in the dash not working
Old 04-23-2012, 10:55 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

go to my cardomain page ride #2395420, page #2. it shows a little more of what you want to do. What are your plans for the stereo? Is this the first and the last piece you plan on adding or are you going to go bigger later?
Old 04-24-2012, 03:23 PM
cjrboy14

Arrow RE:

Originally Posted by ttocs
go to my cardomain page ride #2395420, page #2. it shows a little more of what you want to do. What are your plans for the stereo? Is this the first and the last piece you plan on adding or are you going to go bigger later?
My goal is to just get the head unit in first move the ac heater controls to the bottom slot then run new speakers/wires and eventually a sub ltr. I was looking on the new Stereo unit and there are no RC jacks. Are the RC lines for the individual speaker amps?

My main focus it changing the body of the car and lowering it. Fixing the clutch plates then I want to attempt to twin turbo it.

heres what I want the body to resemble ....

Staggered set up in the rear

Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 AM
cjrboy14

Question

Thank you sir. That did the trick. I went back to install the radio today after not looking at it in a while and followed all steps and worked out perfectly.
The only thing I havent done is wire the speakers. Do you know if the stock speakers have individual amps?

Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 AM
cjrboy14

Talking

As far as plans for audio not much.
I would love to try and mount and customize the trunk to fit a 20inch sub but I don't think its possible. Ill prob go with 2 small subs and run new wire and speakers after a while.
My main goal right now is getting the new head unit working, clutch plates,body and suspension work then ultimately adding twin turbos.

If possible I would like to attempt to mount the subs between the pass seat lower and upper back like the Mercedes clk cabriolets. Something identical to this

Old 04-25-2012, 07:26 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

20 inch sub will be difficult....... Each of the woofers(5 x 7) has an amp on it but the tweeters are actually more of a cross-over then an amp.

Does the deck have a seperate subwoofer rca output? If it does I used that to feed into the stock amps but it is not uncommon to need to boost the rca voltage a little bit with the use of a box/toy called a line driver.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:30 PM
cjrboy14

Question

I believe it does I will have to go look again. Ill post a pic. Prob wont get to play until fri or sat because of work.

20 inch sub will be difficult....... Each of the woofers(5 x 7) has an amp on it but the tweeters are actually more of a cross-over then an amp.

Does the deck have a seperate subwoofer rca output? If it does I used that to feed into the stock amps but it is not uncommon to need to boost the rca voltage a little bit with the use of a box/toy called a line driver.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:49 PM
cjrboy14

Exclamation

Just out of curiosity what do these do? Which ones are the speaker wire?

here is the rear of the new system

I think this is what you asked about?

the adapter i bought....only the big rectangular plug fits and turns the stereo on.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:58 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

looks like you might have had a seperate slave cd player(stock) at one time. The rest have to do with the mach system.

If you look at the first pic the black/metal hrns that is in an L-shape that has a small square hrns? That is the amps input you want to use. Now if you look at the last pic, the small black square hrns that is on the back left should plug into it. It is not uncommon that it is a little tough to push in, but it only goes one way and will fit. Wire that hrns to your speaker outputs, be sure to connect the blue remote turn on from the deck to the blue/white amp turn on in the power hrns and it should all go
Old 05-07-2012, 06:48 PM
cjrboy14

Smile Got it....

Just showing off lol Thanks for all your help.

on to my next project....