Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Started installing my system finally.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Default Started installing my system finally.

Since i got rid of my 06 GT Convertible after it was broken into.My truck is getting the attention now.I putting in 4 Phoenix Gold Ti 12D4 powered with 2 Phoenix Gold Ti 2500 monoblocks and 1 Ti 1600.5 powering 4 pairs of Ti 6.5 Elite components(as soon as they come in the warehouse)The rest will changed to the Elite stuff in a few months. The box is a blow through design with each sub getting about 1.52 cu. ft. lighted with blue neon rope, ported into the back of the cab and 1" plexy rear panel. All the RCA's are Stinger 8000 series,batteries are 3 SP1500D, PAC 200 amp isolator, and all Stinger connectors,blocks to the Stinger 0 gauge.I migh put a Stinger 50 farad cap if theres room.The doors will 'glassed with 2 pairs of the 6.5's.The head unit is a Pioneer X910-BT(that i dont like).

Last edited by Iskwezm; 04-30-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:23 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

bumpin?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

it better!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

couple more pics, im running the 0ga this weekend, and wiring the isolator and 3rd/4th battery.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:31 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I am slowly putting a pg system in my 94 gt. You should share this with the rest of the guys at the phoenix phorum.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
I am slowly putting a pg system in my 94 gt. You should share this with the rest of the guys at the phoenix phorum.
cant, i was told that I cannot be on there because I am a PG employee
Old 05-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Thundersteel
2nd Gear Member

I've read that caps don't do anything. It's better to upgrade the "big three" rather than use a band-aid approach like a capacitor.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Thundersteel
I've read that caps don't do anything. It's better to upgrade the "big three" rather than use a band-aid approach like a capacitor.
Theres a lot of missconception about caps and if they do or dont work. They should not be used as a "band aid" to fix a weak electrical system.The "big three" is not going to fix that either. They do help to smooth the ripple in voltage the amp sees,less starvation for the amp.To understand how it works, you need to look at a electrical system.Theres resistance in sthw wires and the battery etc.First, a power capacitor is placed much closer to the amplifiers than the battery is so that voltage drop is going to be much less all other things being equal. But second, your charging system probably isn't designed to provide current draws that large at any time. So your amplifiers are going to have to get the power from the vehicle's battery as well as the alternator. And the battery has its own internal resistance which, as stated before, is much higher than that of a car audio power capacitor. Because of this extra internal resistance it is not an effective means of delivering large amounts of instantaneous current. So with a capacitor installed you can deliver a large current burst during a music transient and then the capacitor can recharge during the non-peak portions of the music and the cap will charge much fater then your cars battery will.
We tested our 50 farad cap, after charging it with a simple 9V battery, the output leads could cut through a aluminum can.

Last edited by Iskwezm; 05-07-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Default Got little more done

and need to start the wiring now
Old 05-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Fender Bender

What a wicked setup. I've always wanted to work for a car audio company...

Quick Reply: Started installing my system finally.