Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Would Like to get an NC forum started

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 AM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

How many of you guys are planning on heading down to Myrtle for Mustang Week this year? I know I'll be there
Old 01-19-2011, 02:19 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by HasABetterSN
DAMN son thats awesome, I'm gonna do that!
It's good if your on a budget and/or winter drive.

How many of you guys are planning on heading down to Myrtle for Mustang Week this year? I know I'll be there
If I move down in a few years then I shall go. I've heard nothing but good things bout it. In the meantime we (St.Paul) have the CARCRAFT SUMMER NATIONALS so im kinda good. It's the biggest car show in the MID-WEST and i know a biggy overall. Although it's more or less for the ole GM boyz and not filled with Ford FANBOYS hahaha.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
If I move down in a few years then I shall go. I've heard nothing but good things bout it. In the meantime we (St.Paul) have the CARCRAFT SUMMER NATIONALS so im kinda good. It's the biggest car show in the MID-WEST and i know a biggy overall. Although it's more or less for the ole GM boyz and not filled with Ford FANBOYS hahaha.
I'm pretty sure I've heard of that, but never gone of course. Mustang Week is legit, plus its at the beach so you can kill two birds with one stone. My ex has a condo down there, so I got to go for free last year for the entire week (I mean I guess it was really her "birthday week" or something, but whatevs)
Old 01-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Prestophocles
1st Gear Member

Mayhem is a Charlotte based group, forum open to anyone, but most guys from bout an hour or less from Charlotte, we do have one guy from Greensboro though.

Myrtle is definitely worth the trip, I went before I had a 'stang and I enjoyed it like no other. Haven't been back yet but that's b/c it's kind of difficult with 2 kids and a wife.

Last edited by Prestophocles; 01-19-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:49 PM
sonicx
speed'n

I'm pretty sure I've heard of that, but never gone of course. Mustang Week is legit, plus its at the beach so you can kill two birds with one stone. My ex has a condo down there, so I got to go for free last year for the entire week (I mean I guess it was really her "birthday week" or something, but whatevs)
It's legit as well. Im sure you have it's shown every year in one of their issues exclusively. It's at our state fair grounds... 8K plus cars ^ then in addition to cars and sponsor booths ya go the typical (burnout, drag, autox, dyno) competitions. Then they have a swim suit contest & they crown miss car craft. For local car guys it's the best/ worst week to be driving a nice car around the twin cites. It's great cuz during that weekend you can pretty much pull up to about any stop light and guys wanna race ya..... bad cuz we have terrible cops (the jealous type or just got picked on when they were kids... one of the two) and they'll put you over for no reason at all. Most of the time it's "ohhh i heard loud exhaust or ohh i thought you weren't wearing a seat belt" (that sort of BS). Very annoying

Last edited by sonicx; 01-19-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:50 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

It's legit as well. Im sure you have it's shown every year in one of their issues exclusively. It's at our state fair grounds... 8K plus cars ^ then in addition to cars and sponsor booths ya go the typical (burnout, drag, autox, dyno) competitions. Then they have a swim suit contest & they crown miss car craft. For local car guys it's the best/ worst week to be driving a nice car around the twin cites. It's great cuz during that weekend you can pretty much pull up to about any stop light and guys wanna race ya..... bad cuz we have terrible cops (the jealous type or just got picked on when they were kids... one of the two) and they'll put you over for no reason at all. Most of the time it's "ohhh i heard loud exhaust or ohh i thought you weren't wearing a seat belt" (that sort of BS). Very annoying
Yeah the cops in Myrtle Beach are the same way.. especially during that week. One thing we got on you guys though...

The beach.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:47 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

I've never been to Mustang Week. I looked through the events list and it didn't seem very appealing, but all I hear is good things about it. I probably need to go sometime soon, but I have to scrounge up the money...
Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
I've never been to Mustang Week. I looked through the events list and it didn't seem very appealing, but all I hear is good things about it. I probably need to go sometime soon, but I have to scrounge up the money...
If walking around in a huge mall parking lot checking out thousands of modded and rare Mustangs, then Mustang Week is for you. If not, then maybe the day everyone goes to the track is. Also, its an excuse to hit up the beach
Old 01-20-2011, 10:43 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Yeah the cops in Myrtle Beach are the same way.. especially during that week. One thing we got on you guys though...

The beach.
Very true. And thats where all the Hotties are at! I should know although it's not the same but we have lake beaches (lol),,, imma Lifeguaurd on a couple city lakes past few years
Old 01-20-2011, 10:58 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Very true. And thats where all the Hotties are at! I should know although it's not the same but we have lake beaches (lol),,, imma Lifeguaurd on a couple city lakes past few years
I bet those are some warm beaches

Quick Reply: Would Like to get an NC forum started