Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Carolina Facebook Page

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
One issue I'm running into. Since the group is request to join, I can't invite people to our events unless they are a part of the group.

You weren't planning on making the FB group just chapter members were you? If so, I can create another page that is dedicated to networking with other chapters and link it to the group members page. This may be a cleaner method of doing things anyways...because then we have two separate groupings of people to send information to.

Just looking to get some opinions on this before I add a bunch of people/create a new group.

If I do that, I'll add the current admins of the page as admins of the other page so ya'll can reign over that as well.

The more I think about it the more I think that is the best idea.
It doesn't have to be forum members only. Can be Mustangs owners. Would be nice to get the group huge. Get more exposure, but it you want to do it the other way that's cool.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

It doesn't have to be just Carolina chapter, all i have to do is edit the page. This fb isn't just for this forum, it has to do with everyone with a mustang. If you guys want to go the route and having it just as a mustang facebook page than we can do that, it's as easy as editing the name. Only takes a few seconds
Old 04-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hellbound
It doesn't have to be just Carolina chapter, all i have to do is edit the page. This fb isn't just for this forum, it has to do with everyone with a mustang. If you guys want to go the route and having it just as a mustang facebook page than we can do that, it's as easy as editing the name. Only takes a few seconds
The title needs to stay the way it is, but it's members can be from all over. At least this way they will know who started it and it should attract more members.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:03 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Y'all are kinda missing my point. I think the current name is perfect, but I think we should create a private group to discuss stuff between members, and a public group to network with and share information. If ya'll don't think that is necessary then let me know, that's what I was getting at.

We could link the two together. I just feel like we might want to keep the networking page cleaner, just posting future events, photos of events, information, etc, while doing all the inner-group discussion and planning in a private group so that it doesn't clutter the pages of the networking group to make it more user friendly.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I see what your getting at. It might be a good idea. This way the group gets attention, but it would provide a clean viewing for others while we get to BS on ours.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:06 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Yes, that was the concise way of putting it haha. Big network, little clutter with another smaller network that we can joke around on and do all the dirty work (planning, funds, etc.)
Old 04-16-2012, 02:10 PM
lilpanther

Request sent
Old 04-16-2012, 02:18 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Accepted.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

Anyway we can get this as a sticky, any new members can find the facebook page?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:27 PM
crankedGT/CS
1st Gear Member

great idea-request sent

Quick Reply: Carolina Facebook Page