Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Friends

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 12:20 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Alan...It's hard to see this happen to anyone, much less to someone as close as we are. I'm always just a phone call away if I can help with anything, or if you just need someone to talk to. I'm not a stranger to this kind of news and i know what an emotional strain it can be. Just hang in there, be yourself and I'm sure doors will open. Now with that said...Does this mean we can hang out five days a week until you find something else? We love you guys and are here for you.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:10 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Thanks for all you have said guys, it really does mean the world to know we have people on our side and pulling for us. Yes, we will survive. Things may be different but we will survive.

As I reread the original post I see that I left something out for the ones that were not at Smokey Bones. Deb's mom and dad live in the High Point area and my daughter lives in Raleigh so we often use the Triad as a meeting spot. We were able to slide by the car show for an hour or so and then went over to Smokey Bones for our family meet and greet, Deb's brother was able to join us as well.

As our meal was winding down one of the wait staff came over with a huge hunk of chocolate cake with ice cream. Then our slightly dysfunctional family comes strolling over to serenade me with Happy Birthday. Nothing like having family to pump you up on a bad day.

Once again, thanks for allowing me to be part of the group. Can't wait to see you again soon.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

the people in this "group" are outstanding. its such an honor to meet people like this. all because of one fateful day at a Ford dealer. its funny how things work out.

im curious Alan, what kind of work do you do? i meet a lot of people in my profession, so i'd love to know in case one of my contacts could be useful.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:42 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

I have been in the wood coatings industry for 35 years in a variety of roles servicing and selling customers that make furniture, cabinetry, picture frame molding and building products. The two companies I have worked for focused on interior wood products. I have worked in a variety of roles, laboratory (product development and color design) and sales (sales management and market management).

Our industry was decimated by a move to offshore manufacturing, much like the textile industry was years ago. But there seems to be a move of product manufacturing returning to the US seeking better quality. Hope so.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:38 PM
NCWildHorse
2nd Gear Member

Alan,

I am sorry to hear this. I know how hard it can be to be hit with such a thing. Just remember, you are not alone. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Best Wishes,
Wil
Old 06-18-2012, 04:40 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the trouble Alan, but I'm confident that you will land on your feet. Call if you need anything.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 PM
brittny881
2nd Gear Member

My apologies for not reading this sooner..

What I will say will sound like everyone else. I'm sure we've all seen times where something we needed, and sometimes taken for granted, was taken away from us. My grandmother has always told me that whatever God places in front of you, he will guide you through if you lean on him.

My best wishes on the upcoming weeks and months. I know we don't know each other that well, but please feel free to give me a call if you and Deb need anything at all.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:41 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by brittny881
My apologies for not reading this sooner..

What I will say will sound like everyone else. I'm sure we've all seen times where something we needed, and sometimes taken for granted, was taken away from us. My grandmother has always told me that whatever God places in front of you, he will guide you through if you lean on him.

My best wishes on the upcoming weeks and months. I know we don't know each other that well, but please feel free to give me a call if you and Deb need anything at all.
Britt, thank you so much for your kind words. Everyday gets better and I am much more confident things will work out. And, I continue to be thankful for this family of ours.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 AM
brittny881
2nd Gear Member

I'm really glad to hear that.