Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Detailing supplies

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!
Default Detailing supplies

So, Alan and I went in on a subscription to this site called Detailers Club and they have some killer pricing. We figured that we would offer it up to you guys to buy some stuff through our membership and take advantage of the discount too.

http://www.detailersclub.com/store/pc/home.asp?

If you go on the site and find something that you want email or pm myself or Alan and we'll find you the price. Most of the prices are going to surprise you! I promise you that.

Like something that is listed for $9.99 might be $8.15 which if you buy multiple items it really adds up.

So check it out and let us know. We are probably going to be putting together an order in the next week or two.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Awesome idea! I'll take a look through and see if there is anything I want. Better yet I haven't heard much about these products anything that is recommended?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

I've liked all of the Chemical guys products that I've used.

Currently I'm addicted to

http://www.detailersclub.com/store/p...-oz-34p128.htm

50/50 shot of this product on my wife's car

I use this before Claying/compounding/polishing to get rid of any old coats of wax

http://www.detailersclub.com/store/p...-oz-26p104.htm

I love the glow that this gives the finish too

http://www.detailersclub.com/store/p...-oz-28p110.htm

Alan just recently bought a bunch of Chemical Guys products and I'm sure he will be glad to post up his thoughts.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Yeah, what he said about the V-7. The P-40 detailer is pretty awesome stuff. I don't know if it shines like the V-7 but it leaves a super slick feel behind. I tried the P-40 detailer on the windshield of my Fusion and in the rain I didn't need wipers on the highway, the rain just sheeted off.

I have some of the Glossworks Glaze and the sample area I tried it on looked wonderful. The Glassworkz glass cleaner seems to do a good job. I haven't tried their car wash yet but I believe Jeff has.

Not a CG product but the Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner is great stuff. I highly recommend it.

http://www.detailersclub.com/store/p...00ml-16p52.htm
Old 01-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Yes, I've used their Slick and Wax car wash in the past and it was awesome! Right now I'm using their Mr. Pink soap with good results. It doesn't leave the finish as shiny as the other but it smells so good.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Jay@Hypermotive
Former Sponsor

I might be doing a HUGE buy in to Adam's. Is anyone interested? When I say huge I mean, way to big but I need to pick up a detailing company. Would like to get 20-30 people on this order, maybe more if possible.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

I would get in on the Adam's.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:47 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Probably going to stick with the Chemical Guys stuff for a while, I like the P-40 as good as the Adam's. I am looking forward to trying some of their waxes as well.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Jay@Hypermotive
Former Sponsor

Chemical guys? What do you think of it? I really am just trying to pick up a good detailed, wax etc for Hpermotive to stick to. Adams buy in is crazy for what kind of product I'm getting.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 AM
hwm3
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Chemical guys? What do you think of it? I really am just trying to pick up a good detailed, wax etc for Hpermotive to stick to. Adams buy in is crazy for what kind of product I'm getting.
I think you'll have a hard time finding one product line that will cover all detailing situations. For most people they have a few favorites from different lines that are their "go to" products. I think most people like to experiment with new products as the technology is pretty much constantly changing. You've seen my detailing shelves in the garage. I have products from a variety of company's.

Either Chemical Guys or Adams would be a good place to start. They both have a broad selection of quality products. I'd be in for a buy of either one.

Quick Reply: Detailing supplies