Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:38 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Well.. It's official. The garage is completely void of any Mustangs.
The Vert got traded yesterday.
Picked up a 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer SEL. Pics to come.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:11 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

So, was this Kim's idea or yours?
Old 11-07-2016, 09:36 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DK Pony
Improvement?

Lots better. I had to weld a plow hitch today, was thinking about you. Was about 5/8s thick. Had my buzz box turned up to 200!

Last edited by CPTCO; 11-07-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:16 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
It was Kims idea. We have put 52k miles on the Mustang and she decided it was time. It is about to run out of the extended warranty and we always try to keep her in a newer car because I am out on the road so much. That's a call I don't need.

Originally Posted by CPTCO
Lots better. I had to weld a plow hitch today, was thinking about you. Was about 5/8s thick. Had my buzz box turned up to 200!
Thanks, I'm working on it. I'm still having trouble seeing the actual weld. All I can see is the arc and the surrounding areas but I can't see the actual place I need to weld as evident from the second picture. I was doing well but just drifted away from the actual joint. It might be the Harbor freight helmet. I don't know.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:18 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
It was Kims idea. We have put 52k miles on the Mustang and she decided it was time. It is about to run out of the extended warranty and we always try to keep her in a newer car because I am out on the road so much. That's a call I don't need.
This week I am out for 6 days. I am running from Loudon TN ( near Knoxville) to Kinston NC. I am making 3 round trips. 513 miles each.

Originally Posted by CPTCO
Thanks, I'm working on it. I'm still having trouble seeing the actual weld. All I can see is the arc and the surrounding areas but I can't see the actual place I need to weld as evident from the first picture. I was doing well but just drifted away from the actual joint. It might be the Harbor freight helmet. I don't know.

Last edited by DK Pony; 11-07-2016 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:40 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Well.. It's official. The garage is completely void of any Mustangs.
The Vert got traded yesterday.
Picked up a 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer SEL. Pics to come.
Well damn...Enjoy the new ride
Old 11-08-2016, 03:59 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Well damn...Enjoy the new ride
Thanks JJ. We checked out the new Mustang convertibles and while it's a nice ride we just aren't feeling the body style.
The Mitsubishi dealer has an Evo sitting on the showroom floor and I definitely liked that but it's Kims car and she got what she wanted.

Last edited by DK Pony; 11-08-2016 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:48 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Thanks JJ. We checked out the new Mustang convertibles and while it's a nice ride we just aren't feeling the body style.
The Mitsubishi dealer has an Evo sitting on the showroom floor and I definitely liked that but it's Kims car and she got what she wanted.
I'm with you on the new body style. Jennie likes it obviously...lol
Old 11-08-2016, 07:41 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Thanks, I'm working on it. I'm still having trouble seeing the actual weld. All I can see is the arc and the surrounding areas but I can't see the actual place I need to weld as evident from the first picture. I was doing well but just drifted away from the actual joint. It might be the Harbor freight helmet. I don't know.
Booo about the mustang. Makes sense but still sucks.

Go get a cheap solid helmet and give it a try. Or one of the hand held shields, shouldn't be more than $30 for a helmet though.
Is the arc just whiting out everything? No adjustment o. The electric helmet? Usually when I get off track it's just my hand or the gun blocking the view because I was too lazy to stop and reposition, or couldnt.

My weekend fun....

Decided I didn't want bolts on the new trans mount, studs are much better. Also tacked the spacer plate on. Would have been a much better product if they'd done this instead of me. But hey that's aftermarket for ya.

Last edited by clowe1965; 11-08-2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:14 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
I'm with you on the new body style. Jennie likes it obviously...lol
It was tough to walk away from the Mustang. Of all the cars I have had over the years the Mustang community has been the most fun. I never would have made the friends that I have here if it wasn't for the Stang.
But I just can't spend the money for a car I just don't like.
That certainly isn't to say I won't have another one.. Who knows. I've been through 8 vehicles since we got the 08 convertible that started it all.

Quick Reply: What are you working on?