Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT
View Poll Results: Should I keep the new stripes
YES, Those look GREAT
87.50%
NO, Take them off and live it as it was.
12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

NEW Stripes Added...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 AM
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

Love it. I was actually thinking of going with that style. You got that from the guy in NC that sells them on eBay (hangs on the board as well)? Probably the same guy that made the one I have now.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 AM
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
lol, I'm just messing with him... I keep telling him he needs to go grab a GT500 or something. Doug keeps trying to change it, the original looks great man! Same with Harold, I saw him at the Cars and Coffee in Raleigh.... I tell him I love the way his car looks then two weeks later he completely changes it!! lol The life of a mustang owner.
I don't mind. It's how I got my rims when he decided he wanted black. If only he had an earlier model.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Jay@Hypermotive
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mfergel
I don't mind. It's how I got my rims when he decided he wanted black. If only he had an earlier model.
lol that's right, didn't you meet me before and picked up those stock wheels for your car? the 19' stock.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:26 AM
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
lol that's right, didn't you meet me before and picked up those stock wheels for your car? the 19' stock.
Haha. Yeah. Sold those a month or so ago to another member in VA Beach area so he could sell his car. He's trying to sell those now. Wonder how many members those rims will circulate among?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:23 AM
uin2it
3rd Gear Member

Well the stripes came off the car yesterday.....Stock Chrome 5.0 Badge went back on.
Looks real clean, should have saved the coin.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uin2it
Well the stripes came off the car yesterday.....Stock Chrome 5.0 Badge went back on.
That's too bad. I kind of liked it, at least from the one photo.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

That is the nice thing about vinyl vs. paint, easy to revert back to what you had with zero damage.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Twist154

I am really undecided on these stripes....thoughts?!

(White Pearl w/Silver Accent Stripe "5.0L" cutout on the top)

Looks good. Why did we need to vote on it? I could see a vote if you were compairing the silver vs red but its already done and on. What if everyone voted that they hated it, would you take it off?

Just wondering..
Old 02-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Twist154
Looks good. Why did we need to vote on it? I could see a vote if you were compairing the silver vs red but its already done and on. What if everyone voted that they hated it, would you take it off?

Just wondering..
He already did lol.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Second vote against! Dang.

In all honesty, my no vote doesn't really explain my opinion. I like the stripes, and I bet they look better in person, but for some reason I have an attachment to the "purity" of a white car and prefer they are left clean. I guess it's the same reason I'm not a big fan of tattoos.

That said, it does look good and I would definitely go with how you feel. It is definitely different and obviously people like it!

EDIT: I need to read. But along the lines of the pure look, have you thought of doing something with a brushed aluminum color (like that strip) or possibly even a pearl coat, to the badge? I think those badges are cool, but in some cases a more subtle touch to them would be really sick. I've even seen some people take them off and replicate them with vinyl, for example someone with a white GT/CS (05-09) removed the side strip (you can kinda see it in my sig pic) and put the inverse sticker on the GT/CS cutout on the front fender in a lighter silver than the stock badges. I thought that was really cool. A pearl finish might be even cooler, something similar to the car color but maybe a bit more metallic so it pops a bit, or even use the stock badge and paint it the car color...tons of ideas.

Last edited by HT; 02-19-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Quick Reply: NEW Stripes Added...