Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

New the the forum. Howdy. Got a headlight question, not sure where to post.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 01:53 PM
oldfella
1st Gear Member

Default New the the forum. Howdy. Got a headlight question, not sure where to post.

Hey folks. Brand new to the forum. Just brought home a '92 LX 5.0 5spd convertible, 67k original miles. Drove 520 miles round trip to get it. I'm in the Raleigh area.

Anyway. The previous owner had installed all new lights in front. They look great, all flush fitting, except at night the headlights are aimed at the ground right in front of the vehicle. But they don't "look" like it physically. I just got the handy-dandy Mustang headlight adjusting tool. I got the headlights adjusted properly, but I had tyo adjust them so much that the bottom of the front lamps are now sticking out a half inch in front of the parking and turn signal lights. No longer a pretty flush fit.

The headlamps "appear" to be installed correctly but I haven't taken them out... yet.

Is this fairly typical? This wonky fit? Or is something wrong with this "new to me" pony?

Never wrecked, all original, bone stock body and trim.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:52 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Not really sure what is going on there, I haven't messed with a fox. I'd consider recentering the adjusting mechanism and then removing and remounting the lights. Maybe use some washers as shims/spacers to get it closer to where it needs to be pointed. If it's still not right then maybe the lights have a poor quality mold that has the mounting tabs all messed up.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:58 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by oldfella
Hey folks. Brand new to the forum. Just brought home a '92 LX 5.0 5spd convertible, 67k original miles. Drove 520 miles round trip to get it. I'm in the Raleigh area.
Hey, I know you. Funny I didn't notice that today, the car looks clean as a whistle. (If Alan had a Fox 'vert, it would look like this one.)

Be sure to post in the top thread and get your membership number if you haven't already. Glad to have you here!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:43 AM
oldfella
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
Hey, I know you. Funny I didn't notice that today, the car looks clean as a whistle. (If Alan had a Fox 'vert, it would look like this one.)

Be sure to post in the top thread and get your membership number if you haven't already. Glad to have you here!
Thanks LP, and good to see you yesterday. Thanks for introducing me around. By the top thread, you mean the "new member area"? I just posted there.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:45 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by oldfella
Thanks LP, and good to see you yesterday. Thanks for introducing me around. By the top thread, you mean the "new member area"? I just posted there.
NAH the Carolina members thread.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

Welcome!