Photoshop request

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
newjohnre

Default Photoshop request

If anyone that can Photoshop-paint just the top (i.e. two-tone, including the trunk and hood) of a Performance White 05 I in various shades of light blue I would greatly appreciate it. I would love a separation stripe that is about an inch or so thick (maybe silver). Thank you in advance
Old 09-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

how far down on the body do you want the separation? the line that goes along the top of the door; a little lower more toward the wheel wells; etc?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:39 PM
newjohnre

To be honest I'm not sure. I'm trying to visualize it but there are so many variable as to how it could be done. I like your idea of the wheel well line. The silver line between the two colors is not a hard set one inch either. I'm hoping someone comes up with something I like and I'll use it. I would even pay tribute to the design artist somehow...maybe small initials somewhere. Maybe you could be the next Chip Foose. Seriously though I appreciate anything you come up with. There are tons of two tones but almost all black with XXX color. Not really that refined looking with PW in my opinion... and WAY overdone.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

here's a front view of a few shades and styles. i'll have a rear view for ya tomorrow

style 2:

Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 PM
newjohnre

Perfect. I like the Style 2 quite a bit. Shade number one is my favorite but it seems a little flat. I think the exact shade will be very important when I pick the paint. I would love a pearl blue in that shade but I realize Photoshop can't really show me what that would look like. Thanks very much by the way. Any non-cheesy ideas on how to break up the flatness that is the hood? I thought stripes but it seems like it would be too many horizontal lines.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:25 PM
project85
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by newjohnre
Any non-cheesy ideas on how to break up the flatness that is the hood? I thought stripes but it seems like it would be too many horizontal lines.
roush or xenon hood scoop!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

here's the rears; and like like 85 said, a scoop would be the best thing to break things up

style 2:

Old 09-29-2010, 11:32 PM
newjohnre

I think all of them look great. Now that I look at the rears the Style 1 looks better overall. Style 2 from the rear seems to suck all the muscle out out of the look. It is amazing the difference a few inches make...no jokes inserted. The hood scoop isn't a bad idea ...I've just been turned off by botched scoop jobs that turned out about as ghetto as unpainted wings and tend to see them as never quite right. I may take a while to get things done but when I do find the cash and a good shop I'll be sure to post the results.

Here is the color that inspired the idea. I just found it one day...no idea whose it is, but the lighter blue pinstriping could look great on the hood if done well.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/1950-19...ded-Flames.htm
Old 09-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

^^^ i'd give it a shot, but i don't think i'm personally skilled enough with photoshop to do that kind of paint , but that kind of blue would look amazing
Old 09-30-2010, 04:07 AM
newjohnre

I'll get back to you when all is done. Again thank for the help.