Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Yes! Found a US manufacturer of Mag 500's.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:14 PM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Default Yes! Found a US manufacturer of Mag 500's.

http://www.specialtywheelsltd.org/index.html

They have them in 14, 15, 16 (didn't know anyone did that), and 17.

Made in Oregon, only $20 more a wheel.

Just an FYI for everyone out there. If you can spare the extra change, send some $$$ to Oregon and not Bejing.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
plcdude
2nd Gear Member

Nice find. Bookmarked for future reference

Thanks
Old 01-05-2009, 10:08 PM
jonward786
3rd Gear Member

also another FYI, majority of the products coming to the US from China are made by American owned companies.

if you owned a company and you could quadruple your earnings by opening a plant in a country that didnt have minimum pay standards, you would do it too. (and you know you would, assuming you are a good businessman)

making money is making money. you're still buying from an american company
Old 01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Ugh, don't get me started. It's a little more complicated than that.

Oh, and don't tell me what I would do. If "being a good businessman" means f$%king our middle class in the ***, than count me out.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:58 AM
jonward786
3rd Gear Member

Yeah because people try and make it more complicated than it is.

Its a simple and elementary idea...maximizing profit by outsourcing jobs. Does it take jobs away from Americans? You bet it does. But you can't make a case for keeping jobs in America when they dont have an economic right to exist. unfortunately becoming rich and proper ethics and morals usually dont come hand in hand.

i didnt tell you what YOU would do, i told you what a savy globalized businessman would do. if you dont feel like exploiting chinese workers to increase your company's profits because of some moral standards you have, good...more power to you. unfortunately, most american corporations dont agree with u

Last edited by jonward786; 01-06-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:20 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

we must become more competitive
Old 01-06-2009, 03:20 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Bookmarked!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 AM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jonward786
Yeah because people try and make it more complicated than it is.

Its a simple and elementary idea...maximizing profit by outsourcing jobs. Does it take jobs away from Americans? You bet it does. But you can't make a case for keeping jobs in America when they dont have an economic right to exist. unfortunately becoming rich and proper ethics and morals usually dont come hand in hand.

i didnt tell you what YOU would do, i told you what a savy globalized businessman would do. if you dont feel like exploiting chinese workers to increase your company's profits because of some moral standards you have, good...more power to you. unfortunately, most american corporations dont agree with u
Don't expect fireworks mygt500, because nothing jonward has said is "incorrect". I'm glad you put in words like "unfortunately" etc, because what stirs me is when people study Econ 101 in High School or College and actually believe in Free Trade. I thought you were one of them.

Answer me this, who determines "an economic right to exist" which is the center point of your post?

The ultimate power in business lies in the customers' hands. Not "savy globalized businessmen". We decide what we buy.

I am simply stating, that it's time for us as consumers to force the executives' hand, and in the process make ourselves richer. Pay a little premium, get something made here. If Walmart over a ten year period slowly transitioned from 80/20 (Asia/US) to 20/80, I believe that would help sustain the middle class.

I have been wading through lawyer tweeked language, companies calling themselves "American" Racing, no responses to polite emails just to find a true manufacture of wheels still on these shores.

Last edited by lunarweasel; 01-06-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:18 AM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jonward786

making money is making money. you're still buying from an american company
Although, this bugs me.

If you call several minimum wage wearhouse workers with no health insurance, one guy with CAD, and 8 executives driving Toyotas who used to have 30 tax paying American employees an "american company".......

Last edited by lunarweasel; 01-06-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:25 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

Those 500's are the ones I got from MU a few weeks ago. I got them from their ebay store for about 700 with center caps and lug nuts and free shipping. They look nice. I am pleased with them so far. The center caps are metal repops with plastic centers and metal tabs. They look nice too but are made in tiawan though.

Last edited by tx65coupe; 01-06-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Yes! Found a US manufacturer of Mag 500's.