Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Anybody ever see this car around or own it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 08:39 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Default Anybody ever see this car around or own it?

I bought this 1968 mustang back in 1987 traded it in on another car up here in Pa. in the Allentown area back in 1991 .I had a chance to buy it back in 1993 a kid was driving it around in Northampton,Pa. and I never saw the car again. It had a 289 in it with a factory 3 speed on the floor with a 9inch rear with new leaf springs that I had installed also had a fire extinguisher under the glove box,This was one super clean pony I wish I never sold it and haven't seen it since any info on it would be great ! Thanks.. This car was from the Northampton,Pa. area...

Last edited by 9redfox3; 05-25-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:47 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

I will keep a look out for it in Thailand...

Seriously though, nice looking car, I love green mustangs and I hope that you find this car. That would make some story, 20 years later. It would be like going back to your home town after 20 years, finding out that your high school girlfriend is single and you guys fall in love again. Well, maybe not quite like that.

James
Old 05-26-2012, 12:09 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

I wish I still had some paper work on the car but it's all lost and gone ..I was a young kid was getting bored with it and when I had the chance to buy it back a couple years later I didn't have the money! Thanks James..........
Old 05-26-2012, 10:16 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

you could call your old insurance company up and get the vin number from them...might help you on your search at the local dmv...
Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 AM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rmodel65
you could call your old insurance company up and get the vin number from them...might help you on your search at the local dmv...
That insurance company went out of business many yours ago that building is empty now..Here's picture of the interior!I had some seat covers on because the driver side seat was tore up, all the other seats looked good, but when I saw the car a couple years later he had the driver side seat fixed and they looked like new it had black seats in the car.It also had a sticker on the passenger side dash that said "Get Laid Hawaii style" or something like that I guess the previous owner before me went to Hawaii and put that sticker on the dash and for what ever reason I never took it off ! lol...

Plate Number reads: PUA-275 if anybody got away of looking this up for me maybe we can get the vin numbers this way? THANKS

Last edited by 9redfox3; 06-08-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:53 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Blinkers in the hood for the win!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:02 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

Have you try any mustang car clubs around you?
Old 05-28-2012, 11:44 AM
03BottleFedGT
3rd Gear Member

If it was registered in your name you can normally go to the dmv and they can give you a history of every vehicle you have owned. I know this because my ex wife did it to prove a point that I have owned way to many cars.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:32 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

I will look into this dmv,I thought you needed the vin # 's thou? Anyway I went to the owner I bought the car from and of course they weren't home but I talked to the neighbor a man who I grew up with that know me,them and remembers my 68 mustang he's going to find out for me when he see's them if they have any paper work on the car laying around yet with the vin #'s hopefully I can find something out on the car.I have had this cars picture up on pennmustangs website because i'm a member there but nobody's ever said I seen this car! I go to alot of different local car show and there was a time or two when I saw a green 68 mustang or another color and thought, could that be my old car? But it lead to a dead end road ! It's weird a couple years back I was driving around near my town going to dump some trash at this dump site and there was this 67 mustang sitting in this guys yard with the same paint job on it as I remember it and it was my friends old car that I use to cruise around with and follow in my 68 mustang boy did that bring back the memories!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:16 PM
9redfox3
4th Gear Member

Well I called PennDOT Services and they checked the plate # that was on the car no info available on that plate any more they also said they can't give me any information on the car if I don't own it(the law).. Also told me I can try to fill out a DL135 forum but with out any title,vin,plate #'s that does me no good ! So unless someone stumbles on here and remembers something about this car that I posted It's going to be tough to find this car it's like a needle in a hay stack at this point.... Well let see what happens ! Thanks guys for all your help so far..

Quick Reply: Anybody ever see this car around or own it?