Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

New here! + a Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:31 AM
St. Louis Rams

Default New here! + a Question

Hey! I'm new here since I decided to make an account, mostly to ask questions, and find some good reads. I'm new to the Mustang experience, it's my first car that I've had for three months now.

My car is a black with gray stripped 1996 Mustang GT, no rust and has only 95000 miles. The only major mod has been a Mac CAI, which was on it when I purchased it. It also has those Halo headlights I've seen from American Muscle. Feel free to ask more about it!

Would anyone be able to help me with a question? My passenger side tail light lens [Just the red lens has cracked. Out of the three lenses, it's the far right, and middle one] has cracked, resulting in moisture there. How should I go about fixing this?
I've called a local junkyard for a passenger side tail light, it'd be $45 for it. Then there is buying a new one from American Muscle for about $130. Would I have to replace the whole passenger side tail light, or could I replace just the two lenses?
Old 06-10-2012, 03:16 PM
BracketRacing.com
1st Gear Member

Welcome!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:53 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Welcome. Post your qeustion in the tech section. There will be someone there that can help you. Most likely you will have to replace the full unit, not just the lens.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

The tail lights on it are sealed together so you have to replaced the whole thing.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:03 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by St. Louis Rams
Hey! I'm new here since I decided to make an account, mostly to ask questions, and find some good reads. I'm new to the Mustang experience, it's my first car that I've had for three months now.

My car is a black with gray stripped 1996 Mustang GT, no rust and has only 95000 miles. The only major mod has been a Mac CAI, which was on it when I purchased it. It also has those Halo headlights I've seen from American Muscle. Feel free to ask more about it!

Would anyone be able to help me with a question? My passenger side tail light lens [Just the red lens has cracked. Out of the three lenses, it's the far right, and middle one] has cracked, resulting in moisture there. How should I go about fixing this?
I've called a local junkyard for a passenger side tail light, it'd be $45 for it. Then there is buying a new one from American Muscle for about $130. Would I have to replace the whole passenger side tail light, or could I replace just the two lenses?
Congrats on the new car! Welcome to the Mustang Forums!

You will be able to find great advice and some awesome reads on here man! As far as your tail lights go, they are a one piece light. You would have to replace the entire light.

You could go the junk yard route which would not be a bad idea OR you could get a brand new set! I don't think you can go wrong! Only thing you have to look out for with a junk yard set is possible damage or malfunctions in the light! That may lean me towards a new set, However this is just my opinion!

I hope this helps you make your decision! We are here to help, Feel free to hit me up if you have any further questions!

-Dan