Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Windshield repair/polish

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 02:11 AM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

Default Windshield repair/polish

I posted this in the General section and got no response. I figured you guys would know more about old windshields than any other section.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...ORY&itemID=597

Has anybody used a repair or polish kit like these? Do they actually do a good job?
Old 10-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Gun Jam

Default RE: Windshield repair/polish

I know they resurface the space shuttle’s windows after each flight probably using some type of compound. So yeah I bet this would work TO: remove water spots, road film, and even light scratches.

I have never tried it but I do believe the ad.

Gun

PS for 34 bucks it better work huh.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:36 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

well i have full glass coverage with my ins so i pay nothing for glass and they come and replace it for free so i ahve all most all of my original glass that is the actual original glass of the car wrapped in foam and i have newer safer glasss installed at the price of $0000
Old 10-05-2006, 12:23 PM
ideal_mustangs
4th Gear Member

What insurance company will replace your glass just because its old?
Old 10-05-2006, 02:40 PM
67Stang68
2nd Gear Member

I actually have that eastwood kit sitting in my garage , I bought it but Im reluctant to
use it due to the fact that I read if your not careful you can distort the glass and it would
look like your looking out a fish bowl. Im just going to replace the windshield. I found a mustang
parts supplier who has car-lite glass (windshield) for under $300
Old 10-05-2006, 05:20 PM
MustangPammie
3rd Gear Member

My front windshield (original) has a lot of nicks and scratches and I can't drive into the sun or I have absolutely no view of the road.

I brought the car to 2 glass places and each said nothing could be done. I'll definitely be looking into this kit but I'd worry about doing more harm than good.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:19 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangPammie

My front windshield (original) has a lot of nicks and scratches and I can't drive into the sun or I have absolutely no view of the road.

I brought the car to 2 glass places and each said nothing could be done. I'll definitely be looking into this kit but I'd worry about doing more harm than good.
Thats the exact reason why I was looking into it. Driving the car at a certain time of day it looks perfectly clear, but later on near sundown, and some turns might be your last since it gets too fogged up because of the wear and tear on it. I'll give it a go and see what happens. It's either this kit or replace the entire glass. I think its worth a shot. I'll post back up in a week or two after the kit arrives and I try it out. Looks like I'll be the guinea pig for this one[8D]
Old 10-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

i have 21st century and i told them it was old and pitted and i could not see which poses a safety issue so they send some one out to replace it and i kept the original glass
Old 10-05-2006, 10:30 PM
ChaseFuller

ORIGINAL: MustangPammie

Well if your glass is nicked and chipped already there really isnt anything to worry about it cant get much worse.
Also, for your fog issue 90xlStang you can go to autozone and buy this product called "Anti-Fog" made by RainX.You just apply it to the inside of your windshield and other glass and you dont have any fog problems and it only cost $4.99. And just reaply it every 2 weeks it works great.

Chase.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

State Farm will do the same with the right coverage.

ORIGINAL: Brandontyler65

i have 21st century and i told them it was old and pitted and i could not see which poses a safety issue so they send some one out to replace it and i kept the original glass

Quick Reply: Windshield repair/polish