Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Recaro Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:04 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Recaro Seats

i see where soaring is comming from and he is right, in a way. yes the classics were not intended to be safe, cheap sports car for people to have fun in. however if you want to drive your kids around, be comfortable, and reasured that if you did get hit they have a better chance of being unharmed i say put the 3 points in. headrests are a must, whiplash in these old cars will anihilate your neck. those seats are all right i recommend a seat that blends in better with the classic look http://www.motorsportseats.com/proca...es/t_rally.jpg i will be orderng those soon, however i have 4 point harnesses and a roll bar good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

i see where soaring is comming from and he is right, in a way. yes the classics were not intended to be safe, cheap sports car for people to have fun in. however if you want to drive your kids around, be comfortable, and reasured that if you did get hit they have a better chance of being unharmed i say put the 3 points in. headrests are a must, whiplash in these old cars will anihilate your neck. those seats are all right i recommend a seat that blends in better with the classic look http://www.motorsportseats.com/proca...es/t_rally.jpg i will be orderng those soon, however i have 4 point harnesses and a roll bar good luck with what ever you decide to do.
Yes, the Procars are great too, I went with Elites because they sit one inch lower to the ground than the Procars, but yes, definitely get those, they are kickass.

But save your originals in the name of Soaring, put them in a gargae or something.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

I do agree though, NO kids in the backseats, as a matter of fact, NO on should ride in the backseats anyway, too small, and too dangerous, period.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Timelockmind

Insteresting comment about the gas tank. I just spent time with a mechanical engineer who owns a 65 fastback. According to him the biggest danger of liquid corruption from a gas rupture is in the coupe because there is only a cardboard barrier between the tank and the occupants. The fatback and convetible do not pose the same level of risk because of their respective back seat reinforcement

As to kids, one of mine is a 14 year old who would not be caught dead in the back seat. Why allow him to ride in the Mustang? It's a fantastic shared experience. As to my conversion to the Recaro seats and 3-point belts I must say (and God forgive me!) that I am now starting to actually like the look very, very much. The last point is MY saftey- yes, these car are a a risk to drive but I feel much more secure knowing that when I'm going over 40mph I could survive a crash.

I know purists will never agree, but I think we can have the best of both world without destroying the classic integrety of the car - the old and new can co-exist quite nicely!

Dude, just get them, your Recaros will look kickass.

Check out my Elites:

Just picture your Recaros there instead, coolness.

The heck with purists, who the hell are they anyway? From the Andromeda galaxy?

P.S. I also posted this picture again just to aggravate my bud Soaring.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I think if I was seriously considering upgrading the seats, I would search the junk yards for an 03 and up Mach1. My driver's side is all electric and even has an adjustable lumbar support. That is one fine comfortable seat.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10034/D397286AF57447BDB0FA06655AF22C5F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-04-2006, 04:32 PM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

No sure how easy it would be fit, but the most comfortable seat I have been are A saab GM900/old 93 which have what soaring has in his mach, but could be easier to find in european scrap yards not sure i would do it though.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:17 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

ask dodge stang, he did something similar to soarings idea as i recall, newer stang seats in his classic. good idea soaring.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

ask dodge stang, he did something similar to soarings idea as i recall, newer stang seats in his classic. good idea soaring.
I have a brain fart every now and then. Then I return to reality. Those Ricaro seats work very well in true sports cars. I had them in my RX7 and really liked them. They are not a good idea for a man with a large posterior though. They are made for skinny butt guys like you teenagers and this old man.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

The Elites are two inches wider than the original classic Mustang seats, yet another reason why I bought them.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:26 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

yeah im fat i need wide seats i think im gonna use the extra set of fox mustang seats and have them recovered in black

Quick Reply: Recaro Seats