Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Got A New Spray Gun...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

Default Got A New Spray Gun...

it was back ordered but then finally came....i tried to stop the order and swap it to the $39.00 HVLP from harbor freight but they said it already shipped...even though it didnt...either way this thing seems to be of good quality actually...its heavy and sturdy.....all you millionaire painter guys out there dont just down my throat on this.....should i go through the trouble of sending it back for the other one or will there be no real difference??

i wanna spray some epoxy primer with it...it has a 1.4mm tip on it...could that work or do i need to ordered a bigger tip...? also...how do you even order bigger tips? cant find them listed on harborfreight.com

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4212701
Old 12-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Got A New Spray Gun...

Take that harbor freight catalog you have and either use it to light a fire, or put it in the outhouse. BTW, your link doesn't work.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:41 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Take that harbor freight catalog you have and either use it to light a fire, or put it in the outhouse. BTW, your link doesn't work.
I would say that is brutal honesty, and to the point.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

does it work now?
Old 12-09-2006, 11:05 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

if it works, it works. If it works good then it works good. There is a big difference in the two. Still...

May as well try it, some of the cheap guns work okay if you dont mind playin with the pressures and such. For primers a 2.0 tip would work better. For not much more than what you paid I got a touch up gun(for jambs and small areas) a primer gun, and a finish gun, with all the tips and extra crap you might need. No they arent devibliss, but they arent complete junk either. Just a decent cheap set, I got them from the local shop instead of online. I dont buy everything online..lol.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

i paid $14.99....what shop did you go to? lol
Old 12-10-2006, 02:14 AM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

oh man... that much? Well you can always block sand the runs out of it..

Try it out, you will find out what I mean. Primer is relatively cheap... I paid around $200 for the stuff I got.. Since a good gun is more than that by itself, I figured I got cheap ones.. Give it a try, just remember that paint isnt as cheap as primer, if you plan to DIY get a good gun for it, or put it on thick, run the runs all the way to the bottom of the car, and just keep wetsanding untill it looks okay. Then only drive it when its raining at night.. Should be perfect.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Halz5
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

If you have a Max Tools catalog, make sure it makes it to the fire too... the cheapest crappiest tools ever made.

btw... my spray gun cost me 7 bucks..... am i gettin my hopes up thinking it might actually work? lol
Old 12-10-2006, 07:16 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: THUMPIN455

oh man... that much? Well you can always block sand the runs out of it..

Try it out, you will find out what I mean. Primer is relatively cheap... I paid around $200 for the stuff I got.. Since a good gun is more than that by itself, I figured I got cheap ones.. Give it a try, just remember that paint isnt as cheap as primer, if you plan to DIY get a good gun for it, or put it on thick, run the runs all the way to the bottom of the car, and just keep wetsanding untill it looks okay. Then only drive it when its raining at night.. Should be perfect.
hahah well at hotrodders.com this guy was doing a BEAUTIFULLY done like 30's something ford metallic paint and what not so i though id get the same harbor freight gun he was using...well there is like two guns that look the same and everything, but one is a little bit more...i mis ordered and got the cheaper one...everyone recommends the $39.00 but dosent know about the $15.00 one, although its almost the same in every way, shape, and form...obviously something is different but still....im considering it might cost me more to like send it back and crap than to just keep it.....
Old 12-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

I picked up a few guns recently at the GA swap meet. They were used but I got a good deal on a couple Binks guns.

Quick Reply: Got A New Spray Gun...