Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

WOO!!! i finally got my own mustang!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:52 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

Default RE: WOO!!! i finally got my own mustang!!!

haha ya i will. the car sounds soo awesome, you can tell it has tons of power just by listening to it. the funny thing is i almost bought a 6-cyl mustang last weekend and i decided not to, im so glad i watied. the only downside i guess is that it was originaly a 6-cyl but i guess it dosnt really matter. this thing is so badass...i just need to get the front valance and some wiring fixed and then i can start to actually drive it. its definately going to be the most badass car at my school.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:20 AM
ford65stang
2nd Gear Member

congratz on your car.... i had a buddy in high school that had a 66 and he always got the girls......and it looked like yours.....now its really nice and he is in college and yep....the chicks are still coming.....

You're alreadly better off then me.....mine isnt running yet how can i get the chicks.....just more for you

P.S. i should have looked at this thread eailer....i could have answered one of my questions lol
Old 12-13-2006, 03:25 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

lol. we'll see how things go...if everything goes as planned i should have to fight the ladies off as i walk through the halls tomorrow. itll be sweet lol
Old 12-13-2006, 07:15 AM
MidNite27
2nd Gear Member

Just be careful!!! Dont be one of those guys that loses his first beauty showing off. I've known alot of ppl that wreck thier first car because it was too much for em and didnt know what could happen when showin off. Learn the car in an abandoned parking lot or something before doin anything too risky.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Hellava car for that price. A can of semi-gloss black will change that red MC bar, export brace and brake drums.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:35 AM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

congrats it took me 26 years to get my first stang.
Here's what you need to do, get some glass, but don't paint it and add a bunch of stickers to that sucker, it'll be way faster.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
sxs191
2nd Gear Member

I think an "***, Gas, or Grass, nobody rides for free" bumber sticker would get the point across. I'd slap one on mine but I think the wife would kill me. Along with anyone else in this forum if they passed me on the road.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:37 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Think satin black paint, and a matching set of aluminum slots and tires. nobody really wants to steal the old slotted wheels, so they are a safe choice. I can tell you from experience that a different wheel on each corner does not make the chicks like you. they like a nice interior and a presentable exterior (doesnt have to be perfect, just not beat looking) and for some reason they like the satin black more often than they like grey primer.

Looks like a later 5.0 in there with a 4 barrel and headers. You might have a roller cam in it, thats a bonus. Dont beat the thing, enjoy it without being stupid and you will still have something when you are 40. Too many people I know piled up some awesome cars because they had more than they could handle at the time. What saved mine was a 289 with a two barrel carb and a 3.00 rear. It wasnt sluggish, but it wasnt fast either. I almost wrecked my 72 GTO with the 400 in it a few times, it was my second car, but what I learned in the Cougar helped me save that one too.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:14 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

ya it has some aftermarket headers and it feels like it has a high performance cam. ya i really want to be careful because this is something i want to keep and be able to really restore it when im older.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:27 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

get an interior shot and ill be happy.

Quick Reply: WOO!!! i finally got my own mustang!!!