Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

I knew they'd screw it up!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:48 PM
bbbitter
1st Gear Member

Default I knew they'd screw it up!

Hey lets lay off 30,000 people along with closing 14 plants and then take the one thing we're good at and screw that up too. Gotta love American big business

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/12/14/...ons/index.html

I aint mad though. For some reason I get the impression that this will make my classic worth more.......maybe. Never the less it's still interesting.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:12 PM
restomod67
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I knew they'd screw it up!

It's not "American" big business. There is no American priority in it. It is just part of the global big business with no loyalty to nationality, only profit.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:18 PM
bbbitter
1st Gear Member

Yeah but in alot of foreign markets, quality is better than in America. That's why I singled out American big business.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

BS. When is the last time you bought a part made in China?
Old 12-14-2006, 11:40 PM
ACADIST
2nd Gear Member

Why not? The Dodge station wagon is a pretty cool looking car. Just think, a Mustang that would fit the kid's booster seats!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

blasphemy
burn them at the stake!!!

btw what is the wagon in the pic that they crossed it with? Looks almost identical to our Falcon wagon

[IMG]local://upfiles/48146/B9BF32D54B824D0181BABD09FCE59469.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Aussie66Fastback

blasphemy
burn them at the stake!!!

btw what is the wagon in the pic that they crossed it with? Looks almost identical to our Falcon wagon

[IMG]local://upfiles/48146/B9BF32D54B824D0181BABD09FCE59469.jpg[/IMG]
Do you guys have a Ford plant in Austrailia, or do you just get exports from American plants? And how do you get the steering wheel and brake pedal/clutch pedal placed on the wrong side of the car?
Old 12-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

yep...I looked at Autoweek...its ours. Its even the same photo lol

yes we do make our own cars here. Local design and build for the family cars, Jap imports or Jap with local assembly for the shopping trolleys

God help you if they make a Mustang based on that wagon platform though. It has a strong 6 cyl but too much body flex. I suppose they could improve it, but Ford US wont even put independant rear suspension in a Mustang 2 door so not likely to spend much upgrading that thing.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Aussie66Fastback

yep...I looked at Autoweek...its ours. Its even the same photo lol

yes we do make our own cars here. Local design and build for the family cars, Jap imports or Jap with local assembly for the shopping trolleys

God help you if they make a Mustang based on that wagon platform though. It has a strong 6 cyl but too much body flex. I suppose they could improve it, but Ford US wont even put independant rear suspension in a Mustang 2 door so not likely to spend much upgrading that thing.
Just curious.....why is there no purely Austrailian made car or truck?
Old 12-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Aussie66Fastback
5th Gear Member

total population is 20mill. World markets mean too many cars to chose from and not enough people to buy them

the 3 major manufacturers are all owned by global companies. Ford, GM Holden and Mitsubishi. The use parts and cars from here for export and import certain models and parts as well...It all comes down to who can make what the cheapest these days.

GM Holden send 6.ol Gen4 "Chev" or "Buick" badged 4 door, rear drivers to the Saudis for their police force and made the Pontiac GTO as well
there have been local small manufacturers but even these pinched parts from other manufacturers. My favorite was the Bolwell Nagari...fiberglass body, looked like a cross between a Ferarri Dino and a GT40 and powered by Ford 351. Good combination. Ill post a pic shortly. they are worth big bucks now.

Quick Reply: I knew they'd screw it up!