MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Mustangs (Tech) (https://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-tech-16/)
-   -   What would you value my car at? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustangs-tech/288719-what-would-you-value-my-car-at.html)

connor90 05-12-2007 11:54 PM

RE: What would you value my car at?

well i live in reno...actually drove to sacramento to get my car and drove it back 170 miles the same day. the thing is is that people expect to get they're money out of these cars so they advertise them for way too much. sure they might be asking 12K but they arnt going to get that most of the time.

Soaring 05-13-2007 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: connor90

haha...ya black is a very hard color to do. you have a black interior so you could pretty much go with any color. i like the color of soaring's car a lot. i actually would have paintedmy carthat color but rustoleum doesnt make it [:@]. i think its called spring time yellow. not 100% sure though

edit: oh and if you temperatures in your area ever get over 80 it wouldnt be very fun to drive if you painted it black. especally with the black int.
Yeah, it is code 8 Springtime Yellow. The best yellow color made. Not too yellow, and not too white.

connor90 05-13-2007 12:07 AM

yeah i LOVE that color. maybe when i get my car painted for real in the next 5 years or so i'll get that color. its either that or silver smoke grey which was the orig color. with a red interioreither of those colorswould look really nice.

Shifty101Easy 05-13-2007 05:18 AM

ORIGINAL: 350kmileFord

Wish I lived where you guys did! In the SF Bay Area a rust free V-8 won't go for less than 5-6. Good condition seems to always be at least 12.
bought my 68 coupe with new 302 and disc brakes and minimal rust full clean interor etc.... $3200 in SF (actually daly city) but close enough. this was about 11 months ago or something i think.....

but your right...people have driven up the prices lately....definitely not 15k for a 6'er auto....

350kmileFord 05-13-2007 05:25 AM

I'm talking about after I did everything, but I do see your point.. I guess..

atomsk680 05-13-2007 05:27 AM

as is now, $3000 at the most, after all that stuff, maybe.... $7500?

longlive289s 05-13-2007 06:46 AM

ya unfortunatly it was originally an I6 which kills the value of the car. im gonna agree with everyone else though.....around 8k at most.

its more of a car to build for yourself. i'd garage it and make it a restomod in the coming years....but thats just imo

andrewmp6 05-13-2007 10:03 AM

theres stupid people everywhere but that 15k is kinda high its a coupe a fastback or vert youll get that much for. it all depends on who wants it a purist type would walk away but if you get someone that wants a mustang bad enough you might swing 8k or 9 for it

Soaring 05-13-2007 11:07 AM

Here in central Texas it might bring you 6K. A guy tried to sell an A code a few months ago for 8 and he never got it.

VeronicaScz 05-13-2007 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: 350kmileFord

Wish I lived where you guys did! In the SF Bay Area a rust free V-8 won't go for less than 5-6. Good condition seems to always be at least 12.
Hello.:) The thing about that is that you don't have a rust-free V8 car.You have a 6cyl coupe. If the fifth digit of your vin is T , then it doesn't matter what motor is physically present at the moment, that's a 6cyl car. If you shoe-horn a 427 side-oiler into the car, the motor would be worth more without that pesky 6cyl car wrapped around it. :DWhat you paid for it is about right.That isn't a car that you are going to make money on. The probability of that happening is right at zero. What you have is a car that you can get a lot of enjoyment out of. It doesn't really matter how nice a 6cyl coupe is, it isn't going to bring more than 5 or 6 K, and it will be a real difficult sell in that range.Hope that helps.:)