Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Cherry Bomb Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Bogalu
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cherry Bomb Mufflers

Ill just roll down the window when the officer pulls me over and when he starts to talk I'll just go "I can't hear you over my probably illegal exaust, talk louder please." lmao nah nevada doesn't have sound regulations i think. And if they do I'll just be ****ed. lol
Old 11-01-2007, 12:10 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

wait, you live in NV too?? what area?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:12 AM
remicks
4th Gear Member

I had glasspacks with dumps before the axle on my 76 F150 and they were on for more than two and a half years of hard labor under me. Taking them off-roading, high-centering banging them around everywhere and they were still fine. The guy I sold it too has had them for another year and a half and they are still going strong. And if they will they shake everything around, yes more than easily. When I used to live in the dorms at McGuire and started it up in the morning I would set off every car alarm in the parking lot. Definitely could not sneak into work if I was running late. Before you get them make sure there are no laws in your state about car noise, mine has really no car laws so I was ok. And they were attached to factory manifolds on a 400 so technically a small block with stock headers.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Bogalu
2nd Gear Member

Yup I live in Las Vegas. Spring Valley to be exact. Rainbow and Flamingo. Thats the sound im looking for, i want to set off every car alarm within a 1 mile radius. I want peoplescream "DAMN, THAT IS LOUD", right next to there friend and still not be heard. lol
Old 11-01-2007, 12:21 AM
remicks
4th Gear Member

I set off every car alarm without revving the engine. All I had to do was start it or idle into the parking lot after work. If you were inside at idle you would talk like someone was thumping on your check, the vibration like if you were really close to a huge subwoofer.

I don't know about this talk about them only lasting a year, the glasspacks on that truck as much as I know have lasted 4 with heavy abuse.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Bogalu
2nd Gear Member

OMG. That sounds soo perfect. I want that sound. Like NOW. lol I really need to get my engine work done first though. Doin exaust next so, sounds like cherry bombs then. lol Wow, i want to do that. I wanna roll into a walmart parking lot of 2 hundred cars and roll by and have all 200 people run out of the warmart to get to there cars so I can finally shop alone for once. : ) lol
Old 11-01-2007, 12:31 AM
connor90
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bogalu

Yup I live in Las Vegas. Spring Valley to be exact. Rainbow and Flamingo. Thats the sound im looking for, i want to set off every car alarm within a 1 mile radius. I want peoplescream "DAMN, THAT IS LOUD", right next to there friend and still not be heard. lol
dangit...i was hoping someone else on these boards lived in reno. im going to look into sound regulations and if there arnt any (which from what ive heard on cars the past few days im pretty sure there arnt) then ill need to get some.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Bogalu
2nd Gear Member

I had a 5000 watt sterio in my car that would set off more than car alarms, broke some cars windows before, mostly mine though. lol I never got pulled over though. School police said they would arrest me for "exumeration of noise" a lot when i was in school. They were on bikes though. They would park there bikes next to my car everyday after school, just to yell at me for my sterio. It was hilarious. Those were the days. [8D]
Old 11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Bogalu
2nd Gear Member

So back to the point at hand, I don't believe nevada has laws that govern noise.