Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Finaly, got the wheels on.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:12 AM
guybored
2nd Gear Member

Default Finaly, got the wheels on.

Well I was off from work today and I was able to get my wheels on my baby, after much waiting, debating and having problems getting them to fit right. If you read my eairlier post I had the driver tires on the edge and the passagers tire was farther in. I went with a 5/16 spacer and longer studs to alow more threads to be getting the nut. It looks alot better maybe an 8th or 16th off but I'm happy with the way it looks. Here are some pics, what do you guys think? give me some criticisim(sp). Don't matter how bad it is. I'm thinking maybe a little lower or is it fine there? Oh forgot when I was going home I put 2 of the stock wheels in my trunk to get them home. Hopefully get a little back. On my way home the was something like a dip, but not that bad. I heard a noise and it stopped I thought I'l check it out when I get home. Once I got home I looked at the tires and guess what happened? yep since my fenders aren't rolled it cut into the tire actually both of the back tires are cut.[:@] Dam and they don't even have 30 miles on them maybe not even 20. I felt bad, mad and everything else. can't beleive the tires are cut ALREADY. So I'm not going to drive it till I can try to roll the fenders a little so it won't keep messing up the tires.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:27 AM
juansp67
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Finaly, got the wheels on.

that sucks it happened to me as well messed up all four tires real bad because i hit a real bad dip.
nice wheels though.
by the way what color blue is that due you know the code for it??
Old 08-03-2008, 12:44 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

fix your gas cap

seriously though, it looks really nice, you definitely achieved that custom look and it looks great!
Old 08-03-2008, 12:55 AM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

i like the 2 tone blue thing... the wheels look a little to big tho
Old 08-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Timetravelinn
1st Gear Member

looks good
Old 08-03-2008, 01:19 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Was your Mustang and that white car mating? Because you guys looked stuck

I did the same with my tires when they were new. When you get the lips rolled, you can take the tires and swap sides. That way the inside of your tires will be on the outside.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Celtic37
3rd Gear Member

^^ Was wondering the same thing. They look like they are touching. But they do look good on it.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:39 AM
dodgestang
5th Gear Member

Put new springs in the rear. Spending coin on a paint job and big wheels is just fine, but then running around with jacker shackels because the rear leafs are worn out is silly. Other than that they look nice.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

IfI saw you sitting in your car on the street, I think I'd assume you were selling crack.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:59 PM
guybored
2nd Gear Member

thanks all for you response.
juansp67, the color code is 8P1 off of toyota year 05-08. 4reboy thanks, but how do I fix it when I put it to be straight it is a little loose, so I have to turn it a little more that way it won't be loose and rattle. It has always bothered me to see it like that but I couldn't figure out how to fix it so it has been like that for bout a year and I have gotten used to it, but would like it to be right. valley fireams you guessed it I was trying to see what would come out hopefully a honda that way I could sell it and get some money to pay for the wheels sooner,lol[8D]. Now seriously that is my dd and I had never taken a recent picture of it, I have one when I bought it but never gotten one lately so I decide to take a couple of pic of my cars and I thought what the heck I'll get some of them two in the same pic so I put them close and went crazy snapped about 30 pic of them two yesterday. Now thanks to work I am going to wait till two saturday from now to take them to have the fenders rolled now that is bad cuz I wan't to drive her around and I can't.[:@] dodgestang I have the shackles but they mechanic didn't put them on when he was working on it. So I need to replace the springs? thanks for leting me know I didn't know they were bad but that is what I am going to do once I save money to replace them. Which ones would you recomend to keep that stance? I was thinking of lowering it about an inch to inch and a half. I just realized I can't go lower because it will hit constently. Waffles, why would you assume that? curious to know. I always get that, when I get pulled over cops second question is "Where do you work?" Is that something new they do or what. It gets annoying so now I have my badge hanging from the rearview mirror. drewsky, thanks but what wheels do you feel are to big or is it all around? I kind of feel maybe a lower tire but then I have to be extra careful around the bumps. I hate it my dd has thiner tires and I have messed them up so I wanted a little more rubber on these. thanks again for you coments.

Quick Reply: Finaly, got the wheels on.