Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Stopped at NPD

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 06:53 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Default Stopped at NPD

Been out of town for the holidays so I thought I'd share our experience on our way driving through Florida. We stopped at NPD in Ocala since we've purchased quite a bit from this particular location. They don't have much of a "store" or "show room" of parts but we kinda thought we could convince them to show us the owner's 250+ car collection. We didn't even have to ask, as soon as we told them what we've been working on and that we've been more than impressed with the parts we have purchased from them plus the great service; we were back in the warehouse checking out the collection!

If you are ever driving through Ocala, its well worth the stop. included in the collection is the original trans am from Smokey and the Bandit still registered to Burt Reynolds, all original Boss 429, three original Lincoln Continentals owned by Henry Ford's grandchildren, and much more. Most of the cars are unrestored and still have the sticker on the window.

So anyway, just thought our great experience
Old 12-29-2010, 06:55 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Just thought I'd share our great experience! *
Old 12-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Rick@NPD

Glad you enjoyed the visit NoReins, and thanks for your business!!

Just to clarify, our 1978 Trans Am was GIVEN to Burt Reynolds as a gift from Pontiac Motor Division. It is also PHS-documented as the very FIRST Y-84 Special-Edition built. It was the first of many Trans Ams given to Burt after the success of the Bandit movies.

None of the actual movie cars exist. My employees tend to commonly over-shoot the real story with that Trans Am.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:53 PM
john721
2nd Gear Member

I need to "create" a road trip up there from West Palm... I too have been impressed and pleased with NPD service and parts...
Old 12-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Joes65
1st Gear Member

That does sound cool. We will definitely stop in next time through.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:07 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rick@NPD
Glad you enjoyed the visit NoReins, and thanks for your business!!

Just to clarify, our 1978 Trans Am was GIVEN to Burt Reynolds as a gift from Pontiac Motor Division. It is also PHS-documented as the very FIRST Y-84 Special-Edition built. It was the first of many Trans Ams given to Burt after the success of the Bandit movies.

None of the actual movie cars exist. My employees tend to commonly over-shoot the real story with that Trans Am.
Thank you for the clarification! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We could have easily spent a day looking at your collection. Thank you to Houston! He represented your company well. We won't forget it. I have had nothing but great service and products from NPD. One night I called in question of a product; Tim pulled the part, assembled the part, and answer every question I had regarding it. The next it was shipped and in my hands within a couple days.

Thumbs up for NPD!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:48 AM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

I live near Charlotte, NC and was planning a 3 hour drive from Fayetteville to the NPD store there. I have so much to order I figured that I would just go there in person to make sure I was getting the right stuff. And like the original poster, I have given NPD in North Carolina a lot of business over the years.

I'm just wondering if they have a car garage too.

James
Old 12-31-2010, 08:13 AM
Rick@NPD

No, all of the cars are housed at our Ocala Headquarters. N. Carolina really has no room for any cars on display. Michigan has a couple vehicles in their showroom. And that's pretty much it.

But it is always a good idea to purchase over the counter, so you can see firsthand what you're buying before you pay. This is also (self-indulgent pitch coming) where our in-stock inventory becomes most critical... You can't inspect a part that isn't in stock. Furthermore, if somebody calls with a question that requires a physical inspection of the part (like NoReins), you can't do it if the part is not in-stock.

All of these drop-shipping and skeleton-inventory practices that have infested the industry of late, under the lame excuse of "inventory management", take an enormous bite out of customer service, which should always be priority #1.