Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Mustangs Unlimited

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 AM
mr_velocity
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2+2GT
Were the parts missing, or back-ordered?

I get my parts from Glazier/Nolan Mustang Barn, but I have nothing against MU.

How did you place the order? Phone, mail, email, online?
I also order through Mustang Barn, they may not always be the cheapest but they are always willing to give great advice when it comes to making the re-pop parts fit on the car. Service is the best.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 AM
jspagna1
3rd Gear Member

Ya I've dealt with MU in the past here in CT. The only reason I go to them is that it is local and convinient. BUT I do find that they are very disorganized and sometimes arrogant. So I only use them when I need to.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Bitter
2nd Gear Member

I can't begin to tell you how much I've ordered from MU and only had a problem once. That problem was a missing brakeline from a sealed package (a fault of the manufacturer). Nonetheless, they followed up to make sure I got it straightened out. While there are plenty of other good vendors out there, MU is my first choice.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:50 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

I usually look at where companies are located. People from Texas and Arizona seem to always be good to work with. Only real problems Ive had is poor quality repoop items. Check with other folks on the quality before ordering
Old 12-30-2010, 01:15 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Originally Posted by tx65coupe
I've never had a problem with MU.
Same here
Old 12-30-2010, 03:47 PM
p4lm3r

Originally Posted by Iskwezm
why are people that bitch about companies always new to the forums?
Originally Posted by rmodel65
because they are newbys ordering parts for their car...
Well, I am a mustang nub. I am a european car guy. I know where to buy my porsche and BMW parts, but not familiar with american muscle. I ordered from MU because they had the best price, and they have a location in Atlanta. I am by no means a forum nub, I have been on a ton of other car forums for years; m3forum, e46fan, 914club,rennlist, 6speed.... just new to mustangs.

Originally Posted by 2+2GT
Your question is kinda like "Why do 6-year-olds fall over on their bikes?"

Because they just got their car, and are just starting to order parts for them. Experienced owners either already bought most of the stuff they'll ever need, or are able to avoid the pitfalls of obtaining parts.
This. Thanks, 2+2.

I am just upset at how the order was handled, we went into detail on parts that were overlooked. Granted, there were over 100 parts in the order, but I know I mentioned some specifically that wern't added. This crap has never happened with Pelican Parts or any of the other dealers I have worked with.

Anyway, the new upholstry looks great, fitment was very tight, but it looks beautiful on the seats.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:02 PM
mySAVIOReigns
3rd Gear Member

Lol, noooo way. Are you the same Palmer that had the disastrous powder-coating thread!?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:16 PM
p4lm3r

Originally Posted by mySAVIOReigns
Lol, noooo way. Are you the same Palmer that had the disastrous powder-coating thread!?
Not me, I use the same user name on all the forums, P4lm3r. I don't spell it any differently. Been using it for over a decade.

Cars mentioned in threads are:

70 Mach 1
99 M3
01 740i sport
01 330i
71 914
80 928 euro S
95 911 c4 cab
Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

All what did you order? Check with guys here on the forum before making stock replacement orders. There are so many tricks to making stock componets so much better. especially suspension compponets.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:10 PM
p4lm3r

The order was huge. Again, it was over 100 items. I am about to do a suspension overhaul, so it is interesting that you mention it. Keep in mind the car has been parked for over 30 years. I just want whomever buys this car from me to have something he can be proud of. I have seen poor restorations, and I refuse to do a halfass job, leaving someone a car that they regret buying. Also, while I have the car, I want to be very proud of what I have.

edit. also, as this is a #s matching, I will include a lot of the original parts in the sale, for instance the ring horn steeringwheel, which isn't in great shape, I just think that it is important to keep it with the car.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Unlimited