Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

What seats are these?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 03:33 AM
Mustang6713

Default What seats are these?

So I am going back and forth between retro-modding my '67, or keep it looking original. So to cover my bases, I want to find out what the seats are in this Mustang featured on MustangstoFear.com. Thanks in advance

http://mustangstofear.com/custbuildcustomclassics.php#
Old 01-07-2011, 06:58 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

I prefer the classic look and feel of the original stock interior. I have no idea what seats those are. I just think that the modern style seats look completely out of place in classics. Try emailing mustangstofear and see if they can tell you.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:22 AM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

I agree with tx65, especially on a convertible. You drop the top and it's like "wtf is that?". I mean, it's cool and all but REALLY takes away from the original look.

If anything, get seats from a car thats only a few years older than your mustang. I know people have used '70+ model mustang seats, and theres other cars you can use the seats from. I think that's a good choice, to get seats that don't look too far off from original.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:38 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Those seats are actually from a Ferrari F430, as is the leather throughout that interior.

For a more affordable option check out the 94?+ Mustang seats. They offer great adjustablity, lumbar support, headrests for safety and they are comfortable. MTF uses those seats quite a bit and are a favorite for the shop. Even though a more modern seat doesn't appear to be classic, they do in fact fit very well and you can have them recovered to match the classic style appearance.

These are SCAT Procar seats with reworked foam that Reenmachine put in one of their builds, this is sort of what I'm refering to though, modern seat recovered to appear classic.

Give Rich Smith at Mustangs to Fear a call.. he is extremely helpful and will take good care of you.

Having said that, I do not prefer this look, that is why I will be going with the original 67 Deluxe seats. I know there is no headrest, and they may not be as comfortbale, but I think the look is worth the sacrifice.

Last edited by NoReins; 01-07-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:49 AM
mr_velocity
4th Gear Member

Looks....eh....I like them just not sure how they look in our car.......BUT.....being a daily driver in Crashville NJ, where bumper to bumper traffic during the morning rush is 85mph, I like the safety aspect of them. That is the biggest concern when it comes to the original seats, how to make them as safe as possible.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Mach I seats are slightly safer Unfortunately, they're also rather expensive.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:39 AM
mr_velocity
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfury
Mach I seats are slightly safer Unfortunately, they're also rather expensive.
What's a Mach I seat?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Mustang6713

Originally Posted by NoReins
These are SCAT Procar seats with reworked foam that Reenmachine put in one of their builds, this is sort of what I'm refering to though, modern seat recovered to appear classic.

NoReins are those the seats used in the console pictures from MTF? They kind of look like it, but I can't really tell from the angles.

http://mustangstofear.com/kitconsole.php
Old 01-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

sitting in seats other then stock make it way more comfortable and enjoyable. I have Flo Fits and hours of driving doesnt even bother me.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:34 PM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang6713
NoReins are those the seats used in the console pictures from MTF? They kind of look like it, but I can't really tell from the angles.

http://mustangstofear.com/kitconsole.php
I don't think so. Those look like either TMI sport seats with headrests or they just added the headrests to the stock seats. They could also be stock 68 seats with the rare headrest option.

Check page 6 of the National Parts Depot catalog.

Quick Reply: What seats are these?