Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Cheapest wheels possible?

Old 08-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Jbomb
1st Gear Member

Default Cheapest wheels possible?

I am trying to find a wheel of the size 15x7 3.5 backspace 5 x 4.5in bolt

I found this one on summit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ae...4535/overview/

if anyone can find one cheaper that would be cool, color/look doesn't matter as there for testing purposes.
Thanks guys
Old 08-03-2014, 11:20 PM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

that size will typically hit on a 64 thry 66 car.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Jbomb
1st Gear Member

I was looking at tire chart http://www.dodgestang.com/Tire%20Fit...ide%2065-6.pdf running 255 tires the wheels rub with people in the back seat. Was thinking maybe my wheels have incorrect backspace. I got them with the tires already mounted on the wheels so I am unsure of the current backspacing. Rolled the rear fenders and they rub less but on a big bump or lots of weight they still rub.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:19 AM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jbomb
I was looking at tire chart http://www.dodgestang.com/Tire%20Fit...ide%2065-6.pdf running 255 tires the wheels rub with people in the back seat. Was thinking maybe my wheels have incorrect backspace. I got them with the tires already mounted on the wheels so I am unsure of the current backspacing. Rolled the rear fenders and they rub less but on a big bump or lots of weight they still rub.
lol, well unfortunately, that chart has been proven to be inaccurate in some instances and has caused a few people i know to damage their fenders. that list should be banned or corrected, its irresponsible to offer recommendations that damages peoples cars.

its a case of just because it is in print or on the internet, it does not mean it is true.

if you have 255 on the rear, then of course they will rub so i don't understand what your goal is.

if you want to run tires that are too wide for the body then simply put big flares on it. if you don't want flares and don't want your tires to hit, then run smaller tires. its quite simple.

Last edited by barnett468; 08-04-2014 at 01:30 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:46 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Jegs has same type of wheel for $51.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:13 PM
aslan

"lol, well unfortunately, that chart has been proven to be inaccurate in some instances and has caused a few people i know to damage their fenders. that list should be banned or corrected, its irresponsible to offer recommendations that damages peoples cars."
Is this the same Barnett468 that got banned from VMF and tried about 8 times getting back on with different names??? No wonder you say this about Dodgestang.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:45 PM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jbomb
I am trying to find a wheel of the size 15x7 3.5 backspace 5 x 4.5in bolt I found this one on summit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ae...4535/overview/

if anyone can find one cheaper that would be cool, color/look doesn't matter as there for testing purposes.
Thanks guys
Hello Jbomb;

That and the Jegs ones posted by bluebeastsrt are the cheapest I think you will find unless you hit a big car swap meet or maybe amazon.com.

Originally Posted by aslan
Is this the same Barnett468 that got banned from VMF and tried about 8 times getting back on with different names??? No wonder you say this about Dodgestang.
First of all, your post is completely off topic and therefore not helpful to the op at all. Now, do you have a suggestion for a “cheap rim” for him or not? If so, it would be far more helpful to him than your current post is.

Originally Posted by barnett468
lol, well unfortunately, that chart has been proven to be inaccurate in some instances and has caused a few people i know to damage their fenders. that list should be banned or corrected, its irresponsible to offer recommendations that damages peoples cars.

its a case of just because it is in print or on the internet, it does not mean it is true.
My comments are referring to a chart, not a person, and they are factual. I have no idea why you [whoever you are] would try and twist someone’s words around to make it seem any different in an attempt to divert attention from the facts by changing the subject.

In addition, I have no idea what bringing up something about some Barnett person being banned from the vintage mustang forum has to do with the op’s question. As far as that vintage mustang forum goes, I know for a fact that there are several people that have left that site due to just a few extremely abrasive, obnoxious, childish members that frequently disrupt threads and whom the moderators do nothing about for whatever reason. Unfortunately, the behavior of these few ruins the fun for many others that are negatively affected by it. One of the reasons I know these things is because some of them are on this site now and some of them and others I know of have said these, or similar things, of their own volition.

This is unfortunate, because imo, like this site, the format of the vmf site itself is a good one, and the entire blame for the negative comments many have made about it are due solely to the moderators allowing what I'm guessing is their "good ol' buddies" to freely continue with their non constructive behavior.

Since you are on this site but are aware of the vmf one, I am guessing you are also one of the many that are unhappy about the way the vmf is "moderated/run". Imo, this site we are on does NOT have the type of extremely abrasive, obnoxious, childish people that I and many others have seen on the vmf one, and therefore, basically has no moderator input from what I have seen simply because none is needed.

If I were the owner of that site or any site that allows people to be run off by other members behavior, I would be extremely concerned since I’m guessing that whomever owns a forum type site has put a lot of time and energy into developing it and getting members, and would not want to allow just a few unruly members to ruin it for the rest.

I am also guessing that sites like the vmf one get revenue from advertising and membership fees/donations etc., and would be very displeased to see people run off because their moderators continually failed to do their job.

Bottom line is, the chart is exactly as I said it is, and would be far less harmful to peoples cars in some cases if it simply said something like, “ALL tire and wheel combos should be checked for proper clearance before use.”.

Last edited by barnett468; 08-11-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 AM
aslan

Yep, it's you. Watch out guys. LOL BTW, you forgot to mention how you tried to get back on VMF with 8 or 9 different accounts.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:31 AM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

cheap isn't always best
Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 PM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

First of all, my apologies to the op, the moderator and others that read this. It’s unfortunate that there are people like this whose only interest is to go around on different forums for the sole purpose of trolling and baiting other members and being disrespectful to them and disrupting threads.

Originally Posted by aslan
Yep, it's you. Watch out guys. LOL BTW, you forgot to mention how you tried to get back on VMF with 8 or 9 different accounts.
Just exactly what is it they are suppose to “watch out” for?

It’s obvious by your abrasive posts, that in fact, you are the one they need to watch out for.

After your first post, which was abrasive and unwarranted, you were asked if you actually had a suggestion regarding the op’s question. Your reply was again totally off topic and completely irrelevant to the ops question. It was also abrasive and unwarranted. This is one example of the type of thing I have heard from others and read for myself which the moderators at vintage mustang forums allow to occur, and is why many have left, which is actually GREAT for this site and others like it, because when people leave there, they come to other sites and bring their friends and all their knowledge with them, which I'm sure the owner of vintage mustang forum, and it's advertisers, would be more than pleased to hear.

I suggest that since you obviously have nothing beneficial to offer the op, and instead simply seem determined to unnecessarily disrupt his thread and the site for no apparent reason by making slanderous comments, I suggest you sign up at vmf and post over there where these types of posts are allowed for whatever reason. As I mentioned in my previous post, people here simply don’t post comments like this, because irregardless of any differences of opinions they might have, act in a mature and respectful manner, and since your posts thus far, clearly show you are incapable of doing so, I suggest you go to vintage mustang forum where this is type of adolescent behavior is condoned.

Since being here, I am a little familiar with the moderator here, and imo, he is as nice as can be, and therefore, I prefer not to bother him by reporting your posts, however, if you continue to make these types of posts, either I or another certainly will, and he can decide what to do with you at that point.
I also see that you have been here 10 years and prior to these two posts, you had only made two others. This seems quite odd, but is certainly not against the sites, rules since there is no minimum requirement for the number of posts one makes within a certain time frame, however, since at least two of those posts were abrasive and not relevant to the op’s question in any way, shape, or form, this give you a 50% unwarranted, abrasive post rating…congratulations?

And now, back to out previously scheduled program.

Last edited by barnett468; 08-11-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheapest wheels possible?