Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Rust Repair Panels

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 02:31 PM
BKKSW
1st Gear Member

Default Rust Repair Panels

Hello -

I'm currently in the process of making my body whole.. new subframe assembly, etc. and it turns out one of the doors needs some care. (attached) There is rust all along the bottom. This brings a few questions:

1. Does anyone sell repair panels for this specific fix?

2. Is say a Dynacorn door inferior to an original door? I ask because I see doors worse than mine going for upwards of $400 on ebay, so someone must think they're worth repairing and possibly someone is making repair panels.

And non-related. Does anyone have plans for building a decent and easy to build body cart? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Rust Repair Panels-img_20170131_145445_01.jpg   Rust Repair Panels-004.jpg   Rust Repair Panels-img_20170110_121934_01.jpg  
Old 02-03-2017, 03:13 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Looks like most of the rust is inside so you could cover up new sheet metal quite easily.

Probably worth fixing.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:50 PM
BKKSW
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by movielover40
Looks like most of the rust is inside so you could cover up new sheet metal quite easily.

Probably worth fixing.
Thanks. What about about the rust inside, will it keep eating it's way out or is there a permanent way of stopping it?

Much appreciated.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:54 PM
BKKSW
1st Gear Member

Also, is there a value in keeping the original doors over replacing them with something like Dynacorn replacements? I see doors worse than this on ebay for what I consider crazy amounts and I'm curious as to why and if I should either fix these or put the old ones on ebay myself. The car is going to be a circuit racer so no concourse restoration for this one.. But I am trying to replace every bit of metal that needs replacing so I ended up with the strongest structure possible.

The hood is perfect, no dings, no waves, fits great, but.. it has small pinholes showing through in a couple places. Really small hard to see pin holes. Do I replace the hood, or is there a filler product which will work long term?