Notices
Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

control arms and flywheel

Old 11-04-2018, 09:07 PM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Default control arms and flywheel

I notice not nearly as many posts and comments as there once was. So i started another post about clutches and flywheels. Didnt get a reply. I went ahead and picked up a new lightened flywheel for a 10.5 inch clutch to upgrade mine since my new clutch didnt have same bolt pattern. I will leave a review in a week or so once its in.

While i was under there i noticed a bent lower control arm. The goodthing about using paypal for the first time on a year, is that i realized that i had 500.00 in there i didnt know i had. So, i decided to throw on a pair of Global west lower control arms on my order. Who here is running them? and, Did you notice a difference?

I currently have a mostly stock set up, I just have the 1 inch drop springs and the shelby drop with bilstiens..I liked the KYB shocls better. They are not nearly as rigig. I should not have thrown them away.. ughhhh
Old 11-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Gun Jam

I run them. They are excellent I have the tubular ones with replaceable joints.

However their UCA is where you would notice the most difference. they have 3deg of caster built into them, run a custom drop similar to the shelby, and operate very smoothly and are quite strong. also has replaceable ball joints.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:40 AM
guitarman376
3rd Gear Member

@monsterbilly I have a pair of front kyb's you can have if you pay shipping. I put less than 1000 miles on them, and then they sat outside for awhile. They are functionally perfect but cosmetically not so much. I liked the bilsteins much more.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:01 PM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Thanks man, I will let you know. I am going to try some new rear springs and see how my car reacts. I have the 4 lead reverse eye springs, I noticed that they are bent near the rear eye. My 66 is riding really low in the rear which I like but now my tires run a lot with just me in it.
once I change the springs I will see how it rides and decide from there. I'll keep you posted. Thank you