Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

How-To articles

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default How-To articles

Here is a tech article written by BillyBob. Well done my man. So, I have put it in the FAQ section on top, and sent it to Amanda to include in the new How-To articles written by our members.
http://home.comcast.net/~rigoberto13/howtank.doc
Old 11-13-2005, 03:28 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How-To articles

it all looks good, only thing i would suggest to do however, is get some 3M weatherstrip tape (the black snake looking stuff) and put it all around the perimeter of the tank so water doesnt get up in there. Ford did this originally to the gas tank and to where the fenders bolt to the aprons
Old 11-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Picky, picky.... I'd rather use something more permanent and longer lasting such as blue RTV. It's easy to criticize another man's articles. Where are yours half slice?
Old 11-13-2005, 03:48 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

lol i knew i was stepping into the fire on that one glen, i was thinking eh maybe i shouldnt glens gonna ask me for mine..... im not being pickey im just so concerned about our fellow mustangs getting cancer so late in life --sniff-- if im not concerned about the rust glen...--sniff-- than who will be?
Old 11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, we are all concerned about the rust issue. So, Billy should inclue some sort of sealant in his article. Fair enough. So, Billy, get your act together, and include that fix for water leaking aroung the lips of the tank. Actually, I would think any idiot who has any wrenching tool skills at all would figure that out on their own.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:04 PM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Glen - Any idiot that had the wrenching skills to know to use sealant around the tank wouldn't need a tech article for this in the first place. [8D]
Old 11-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

True, but don't diss my man's effort to actually take the pics and go to the trouble of writing it up. Where are your articles, half slice?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Hey buddy, I did a small one yesterday... Took pictures, made neat diagrams and everything... you dissed it!

Seriously... no one is dissing the guy, the point of a tech article is to help someone that has never done it, or is unsure of the procedure. I write articles on systems I design at work. Something that seems apparant to me that I leave out is critical to to the novice. I submit my stuff for review when I'm done, and update as necessary. Constructive criticisim... it's a good thing! Don't be so sensitive!

Old 11-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lClutchl

Hey buddy, I did a small one yesterday... Took pictures, made neat diagrams and everything... you dissed it!

Seriously... no one is dissing the guy, the point of a tech article is to help someone that has never done it, or is unsure of the procedure. I write articles on systems I design at work. Something that seems apparant to me that I leave out is critical to to the novice. I submit my stuff for review when I'm done, and update as necessary. Constructive criticisim... it's a good thing! Don't be so sensitive!
Yeah, I know what you mean. Whenever I read a tech article, and it is a new experience for me, I like everything included. Sorry I was such a smart ***.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Whenever I read a tech article, and it is a new experience for me, I like everything included. Sorry I was such a smart ***. I guess I got to sucking on some juice and missed your write-up even though you say I replied to it. Lay it on me again.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:23 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

i added in the seam sealer and weather stripping. lol, i figure'd most people would seam seal it anyway, that's why i left it out. i plan to get around to seam sealing mine this coming weekend when my box of NPD paint/stuff comes in.