Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.
View Poll Results: Would you use the Defrost option, or even consider buying it?
Yes, I would definitely be interested in the Defrost Option
76.92%
No, I would definitely not be interested in the Defrost Option
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Would you use a DeFrost Option with the Flush Mount Glass Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Default Would you use a DeFrost Option with the Flush Mount Glass Kit?

We are currently getting to the productions stage of our Flush Mount Glass Kits for the 64-70 Mustang Fastbacks/Coupes, and they should be out for the early spring. At this point, I have the options of installing a rear glass defrost if it seems like a demanded option.. I know that some like it, but how many of you actually would use or purchase a glass kit with this option?

We will already have the Internal Antenna hidden in the tint band on the windshields, and were are working on the Flush Mount Quarter Glass Supplimental kit for the Fastbacks as an option also, but what about Defrost..? I didnt do it on my other lines, because I didnt want to supply the wiring kit, or the liability if someone wires it incorrectly... I offered the General Motors guys an option and I would like to get feedback on this same option for Ford..

Thanks

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 01-09-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 AM
sentipede
2nd Gear Member

I think the glass will look cleaner and keep with the theme if it was clear without the defrost lines. That, and I never drive my car in conditions that require it.

my .02
Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 AM
sentipede
2nd Gear Member

any pictures?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:04 AM
82firebird

Will your one piece glass kits offer adjustment for foward/backward as well as pitch of the glass? Or will it be like the One Piece Products glass?

I would vote for no defrost lines also.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

I think it would be a useful option than some people would use, especially if their car is their daily driver.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Iamtheonlyreal1

Originally Posted by 82firebird
Will your one piece glass kits offer adjustment for foward/backward as well as pitch of the glass? Or will it be like the One Piece Products glass?

I would vote for no defrost lines also.

Not sure what you are asking for sure.. Our kit will come with the windshield and rear glass, that are oversized and reshaped to fit the body better.. The Quarter glasses for the fastbacks will mount at the outer most point at sheet metal surface... The winshield and rear glass will do the same, it will mount so you can run your hand from sheetmetal to glass with no drop....

As far as pictures.. I am not prepared to release pictures of the Mustang yet, because they are not ready to be released yet.. You can check out Evadecamaro.com for one of our Camaro kits in high resolution.. It will fit in the same fashion, and WITHOUT BODY MODS.. It is installed in a matter of a couple of hours by a professional glass installer.

The weatherstrip on the rear glass is totally optional.. The red car has the weatherstrip added, because it was previously painted before install and the mouldings had rubbed and chipped through the paint on the edges. The black car is running no weatherstrip, and is just floated in the center of the glass opening. I will have pictures of the mustang glass before release, and I have a waiting list for interested parties that want updates.. Classicautoglassinnovations.com is the source for the waiting list, just be sure to put Mustang Glass in the Name box..

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; 01-07-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:44 PM
82firebird

I appologize- I thought you were producing a one piece side glass in place of the door glass/vent glass. Looks like you have a very nice product there!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:06 PM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

I really do not like the way defrost lines look in glass. Also, are the wires encased between the glass pains? Can you feel a bump in the glass where they are? would it effect tint at all?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
guitarman376
3rd Gear Member

Honestly I would say yes to defrost lines. I'm in CA and at night in winter I regularly can't see out of my rear window at all. I definitely dig your products! Explain how the glass "floats" without weatherstripping please!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:16 PM
PaulS
1st Gear Member

I don't need the rear defrost or antenna but this is just what I was wanting for my 66 - flush mount with no trim.
When can we expect to see it?

Quick Reply: Would you use a DeFrost Option with the Flush Mount Glass Kit?