Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 08:18 AM
bob2s

Default new owner

have posted this in the 4.6 forum but no replies .perhaps this forum would be more appropriate!

Hi all , just purchased a 2001 Cobra convertible down here in Australia and just want to know if there is anything i should be aware of as far as problems that may arise ,any hint .tips or advice would be greatly appreciated
bob
Old 05-06-2007, 10:51 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new owner

I've found the vert top is pretty maintenace free, enjoy it![8D]

Keep it clean, don't put the top down when it's wet because that could cause mildew to start, and NEVER put stuff like Armor-All on the top! It might look good the day you applied it, but eventually it becomes an even bigger dust magnet & the stuff can even make the material brittle over time

Old 05-06-2007, 11:14 AM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

I've found the vert top is pretty maintenace free, enjoy it![8D]

Keep it clean, don't put the top down when it's wet because that could cause mildew to start, and NEVER put stuff like Armor-All on the top! It might look good the day you applied it, but eventually it becomes an even bigger dust magnet & the stuff can even make the material brittle over time

exactly!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:49 AM
bob2s

Thanks for your response, but having had a vert (RX7 Turbo )in the past i was aware of how to maintain a vert top .I was more intrested in things like is it possible to put in an powered antenna as i feel the Mustsang fixed antenna detracts from the look of the car.Any other mods you feel i should incorporate ?
bob
Old 05-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Gary H
4th Gear Member

Dont know about the later cobra, but my 84 really liked the sub frame connectors..
Old 05-07-2007, 04:41 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

You can put a power antenna in a fox body I know for a fact (I have a book with the instructions and part numbers that I have been tearing my apartment apart looking for). Don't go through "laser washes") that use the high power water to get the dirt off (BUt I'm guessing you knew that one). other then that they are pretty much common sense stuff, and enjoy.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:39 AM
bob2s

Thanks for the reply ,it would be great if you could post the instructions for the antenna fit
bob
Old 05-09-2007, 10:03 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bob2s

Thanks for the reply ,it would be great if you could post the instructions for the antenna fit
bob
I am going to be moving in the next month so I am really hoping it shows up during the packing and the like. BUt I will post it as soon as I find the book.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:56 AM
Chef
2nd Gear Member

yeah the achilles heel of stangs, those ugly antenas
Old 05-23-2007, 08:29 AM
bob2s

Man ,the battery went and i had Gods own time getting a battery that would fit,if it was the right height it was too narrow to clamp down,if it was ok in height and ok in width it was too long .Dealer finally came up with one that would fit.
The joys of being a new owner!

Quick Reply: new owner