Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side window tint

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:46 AM
steph3k
1st Gear Member

Default Side window tint

I did a search and didn't find anything specifically on this...

I have a black on black 08 GT vert. Since I am in California it is against the law to tint the passenger and driver side windows. I know several people do anyway and just pay the tickets, but I would rather not.

So the question is, should I tint the small rear quarter windows? I think it looks kind of strange to have them tinted without the rest. I will be tinting the back window. Are there any pictures out there with I could see of this?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
steph3k
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Side window tint

No opinions? Wierd. Almost everyone's vert picture is with the top down, so it's very hard to tell what looks good.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

i dont think it would look right if just the 1/4 windows were tinted, especially if you ride around with the top down and windows up.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:43 PM
6T9_CHARGER_RT

I agree....all or nothing...
Old 02-09-2008, 10:41 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

The window is so small that it will look odd as hell...you can't even tint your window using a light tint?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:03 PM
steph3k
1st Gear Member

For work I have to park in a city owned parking structure using a permit. The meter maids are known to ticket parked cars for things like missing plates and window tint. If I tinted really light it might be okay, but what would be the point? I guess I will just do the back.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:20 AM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

if i were you, then i wouldnt even tint the back. thats not going to make much of a difference. im not positive, but i dont think the law says you cant tint your front windows at all over there in CA. but you prob know better than i do. i would think that something like 35% would pass. and that would look decent all around.

edit: wow...i just read the restrictions online and they are pretty strict about it over ther...the lowest you can go on the front 2 windows is 70% which is next to nothing. so i wouldnt even tint anything at all. just leave it stock.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 PM
daveyb420
1st Gear Member

I bought my vert totally tinted. I got pulled over in 2 days of ownership for the tint. Got a ticket, got pulled over a month later for something else, and cop bitched about the tint. I removed the tint. I work near a bunch of cops for a city in california. I have the back and small windows tinted. My suggestion, save yourself the drama and don't tint the sides.

Heres my ride totally tinted. Sides are removed now though, plus its hard to see at night with side tints, I always thought I was going to hit something i couldnt see. Lol after looking at this pic u really cant tell I get a pic later.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:16 PM
steph3k
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: daveyb420

I bought my vert totally tinted. I got pulled over in 2 days of ownership for the tint. Got a ticket, got pulled over a month later for something else, and cop bitched about the tint. I removed the tint. I work near a bunch of cops for a city in california. I have the back and small windows tinted. My suggestion, save yourself the drama and don't tint the sides.
Did the say anything about the front plate?
Old 02-15-2008, 04:28 AM
daveyb420
1st Gear Member

no, but tint reeeeeaally seemed to bug them. 1st cop crossed 4 lanes on his bike to get me.

Quick Reply: Side window tint