Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subs in a Convertible ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 06:47 PM
mrdeep2001
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Subs in a Convertible ??

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

I'm looking to build a subbox that'll sit rightin the back seat use quick release connectors so the thing can be removed if someone ever wants to sit back there. I'm thinking having the speakers facing forward right behind the front seats should help gain some of the bass loss that verts will have lol but now I'm wondering if a "bottom firing" design in the back seat would be a better idea? I'm not planning on removing the back seat, just make a box that sits ON the seat
I'd recommend against that...its dangerous to have a box just sitting on the seat. Imagine you get into an accident, that box is gonna give you one hell of a headache....
Old 04-21-2008, 07:48 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mrdeep2001

I'm looking to build a subbox that'll sit rightin the back seat use quick release connectors so the thing can be removed if someone ever wants to sit back there. I'm thinking having the speakers facing forward right behind the front seats should help gain some of the bass loss that verts will have lol but now I'm wondering if a "bottom firing" design in the back seat would be a better idea? I'm not planning on removing the back seat, just make a box that sits ON the seat
I'd recommend against that...its dangerous to have a box just sitting on the seat. Imagine you get into an accident, that box is gonna give you one hell of a headache....
[/align][/align]I deff agree with you on that. I did think about how I would be able to secure it down without drilling holes or anything. That will deff be part of the planning process to see how i could secure it down.[/align][/align]Thanks[/align]
Old 04-21-2008, 11:04 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

[/quote] [/align][/align]I have thought about doing something like this, I am a college student so whenever someone sits in the back it is usually not planned so that would be the main problem with that, unless I would be able to make it so that I could take it out and just set it in the trunk. So it would just have to be small enough to fit into the trunk, which I think it could work! I move home on May 4th, so that will start the process of what I really want to do cause I have a nice big garage and tools at home.[/align][/align]Please attach more pictures if you start it and also anyone who has pics of there subs in there trunk that would be great.[/align][/align]Thanks!!![/align]
[/quote]
its not in the trunk but you should be able to imagine. this is a custom box made for convertibles, the same one you'll get.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:34 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Actually I was planning on going to the wreakers & getting a couple seatbelts that would be attached to the box.. seatbelt the sucker in place when in use lol

Old 04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Actually I was planning on going to the wreakers & getting a couple seatbelts that would be attached to the box.. seatbelt the sucker in place when in use lol

[/align][/align]HAHA That is really not a bad idea!! I will have to keep that in mind![/align][/align]Cruisin, thanks for the picture, I will have to look around for a box just like that! Thanks again[/align]
Old 05-10-2008, 10:06 PM
AudioNutz
2nd Gear Member

Actually... It will kill you at 30mph. (Not just give you a headache)
Old 05-11-2008, 07:53 AM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

[IMG]local://upfiles/18250/B9C4C3B0AF7D437E955D2257D7AD02F9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-11-2008, 12:57 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

VERY NICE!!!!! That is a lot more than I really want to do, how good does that sound since its a conv? I am just worried I am going to spend all this money and then it wont even sound that good because its in a conv!!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:41 PM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

sounds good but still not enough for highway driving so i'm going to try another 500w mono amp matched with 2 new memphis m3's. so it'll end up pushing 500 to each sub. now i have 500 split between the 2 L7's. either way it still does the job. good luck.
ORIGINAL: DRWS10

VERY NICE!!!!! That is a lot more than I really want to do, how good does that sound since its a conv? I am just worried I am going to spend all this money and then it wont even sound that good because its in a conv!!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:35 PM
crusin92red5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DRWS10

it will never sound like a explorer or a truck, but its better than nothing. if you like alternative, rock or country you'll be happy but rap not that great. i was gonna reply to the sub box in the back seat. i've put my box in the back seat and drove with it for a few weeks, it doesn't sound better than in the trunk. but mine is a sealed box cuz i wanted a better sound not a louder sound. the trunk amplifies it as much as possible. but i do plan on making a ported box that mounts to where the back of the back seat use to be. hopefully two twelves and two tens, but i'm starting to think thats gonna add too much weight.

Quick Reply: Subs in a Convertible ??