Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:22 AM
boxerz
1st Gear Member

Default Power Car Wash

hi, I bought my 1st convertible this year and I was wondering if I could go through brushless car wash. I hear the powerful sprays in these brushless car washes are powerful enough to harm the convertible top.

Also, anyone recommend a wax to really make the car shine? I hand washed my car the other day but some birds had their way with it..

Old 04-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Default RE: Power Car Wash

Hi, Congrats on the Vert!

I take mine throught a brushless wash called the typhoon. Does a nice job on the undercarriage.
Only had one drip on the inside passenger window so far.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Margarita Girl

ORIGINAL: boxerz

hi, I bought my 1st convertible this year and I was wondering if I could go through brushless car wash. I hear the powerful sprays in these brushless car washes are powerful enough to harm the convertible top.

Also, anyone recommend a wax to really make the car shine? I hand washed my car the other day but some birds had their way with it..

Your car looks like the '99 I used to own.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:31 AM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

i personally wouldnt take my car through a car wash. but then again im overprotective when it comes to the looks of my car. mine would leak where the 1/4 window, top, and body molding come together so you might wanna look for that. and also leaks sometimes where the top meets the A-Pillar. but the pressure wont actually damage your top i dont think.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

and also, if you want a pretty good wax that you can pick up at walmart or somewhere then i would check out meguiars NXT. but make sure you clay bar your car before you wax it. if you want your paint to have a showroom finish, then go check out the detailing section and most the people in there are very helpful. i got really caught up in the detailing aspect of my car, and i have spent a ton of money on supplies. but i cant be happier. hah.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:49 AM
ewgoetz
3rd Gear Member

I have a fear of going throught automated carwashes. I rahter go to a power wash bay and do it fast myself.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:50 AM
03GTVert
2nd Gear Member

Washing it by hand yourself is the best way to get your car clean, but you can do the brushless car washes if you really want to. Have a towel handy in case the top leaks with the pressure coming from the side.

Also, do NOT get wax when you do the wash. Wax ruins convertable tops.

As for a good wax to use... (on the paint, remember, never EVER use wax on your top!)... none of them.

Use Zaino car polish. Best stuff on the planet, bar none.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:44 PM
dvlshc
1st Gear Member

I asked the same question when I got my first convertible this year lol. I went to one of those brushless car washes where the water and soap get sprayed on and they have the people in there scrubbing it down. The car came out clean, but I hate how they won't let you drive it through yourself. In the 10 feet the guy had to move my car to hook it on the mechanism on the floor, he moved my seat all around, put the hazard lights on (why?!?) and changed the radio, then the guy who drives it out guns the engine. Needless to say I was mad andwon't be going back there. Iwill do it myself from now on.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:49 PM
03GTVert
2nd Gear Member

The brushless type that I'm familiar with are all automated. You drive in, the soap gets sprayed on, high pressure rinse etc. No brushes, not attendants.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Margarita Girl

Hmm. The jet car wash I go to is just a garage bay.
You pull up and put one tire on a platform and these robotic arms power wash the car.
No brushes. When it ends, you drive out under the blowers.

Quick Reply: Power Car Wash