Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Web Electric One Touch Top Module - Anyone having problems??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Default Web Electric One Touch Top Module - Anyone having problems??

I finally got around to installing my One Touch Top module last weekend. The install was very straight forward and after doing the programming, the one touch top operation seemed functional (everything goes down with one touch and top raises with one touch).

However, the convertible top motor seems to run a bit longer than what I would expect when motion is completed (for both up or down) and almost seems to bog down before it finally turns off.

I plan to call WebElectric as well, but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this same functionality after installing the kit.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:34 PM
asci01
2nd Gear Member

I'm planning on doing this mod. Did you ever call Webelectric and resolve this problem?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

I actually contacted Webelectric and they told me this was normal and would not cause any issues to the motor. They purposely designed the kit this way to ensure the top was fully retracted/open. But they did recommend to try reprogramming it with the car started as that would result in slightly less motor run time. Not had a chance to try it.

Overall I am still happy with the kit.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

I located the actual email from them that provides a little better explanation...

"The top motor can be run past the limits without any issues. We purposely add a second or so in order for you to latch the top while it's still "pushing" closed.

If you don't like this, simply reprogram the unit, but during the final push-and-hold, stop just before it gets to the full position. You may have to do it a couple times to get it right. Also, do it with the engine running. If you do it with the engine off, it takes longer to finish, and that's the time that's stored in memory. Then, when you use it with the car running, it gets to the end faster, and that's when you have a lot of over travel."
Old 12-01-2009, 06:26 PM
asci01
2nd Gear Member

Cool. Thanks. That was my only hold up.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:36 PM
justin07vert
1st Gear Member

I am glad this thread reminded me the one touch is something I want to add over the winter. It does seem silly, but it would be nice to have one touch operation!
Old 12-22-2009, 05:36 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justin07vert
I am glad this thread reminded me the one touch is something I want to add over the winter. It does seem silly, but it would be nice to have one touch operation!
Now that I have this installed, I could have done without it... but having the auto down kit for the rear windows is nice as it was foolish by Ford to only have them on the fronts!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:19 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

I was thinking about doing this mod someday. However if you were to accidentally open the top and didn't have enough overhead clearance can you stop it or reverse it right away or does it just keep going? I can just see myself in a low clearance situation totaling the top. Better to ask first lol.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:24 AM
asci01
2nd Gear Member

Their web site says that you can stop it by pressing the button again.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:28 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by asci01
Their web site says that you can stop it by pressing the button again.
Great. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Web Electric One Touch Top Module - Anyone having problems??