Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Convertible frame Coupe vs GT

Old 02-17-2017, 03:19 AM
Rich63

Question 2000 Convertible frame Coupe vs GT

Can a 2000 Mustang Coupe Convertible frame be put into a 2000 Mustang GT? Are they interchangeable?

I have found a garage kept 2000 Coupe Convertible top and I would like to put it in my 2000 GT.

Has anyone done this before?
Old 03-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Rich63

The frame fit perfectly. The motor and hydraulics worked fine for 3 days. NOW, the motor will not even make a sound. Does anyone have any thoughts why the motor would work one minute and not the next?

I have checked all fuses and they are good. I did a continuity test on the switch and it is good. I have bled the system manually (twice), and finally got the motor to put the top up but... and you probably knew that was coming... the motor stopped again. I am not sure why but while the top was fully extented, I kept hitting the button (cuz I needed every inch out of the stretch) which may have put the motor in a bad position. Is that possible? So, I did what worked before, I manually bled the system but still no motor activity. Is there any pressure sensors? It doesn't look like there are. Only relays to activate the forward/reverse action.

Search this Thread